SIM card?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JASmine

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Am I correct in believing that I will have to reenter all the contact info on my current sim card into the iPhone..or into a pc/mac contact program and then sync? Kind of a pain for those of us who use the sim card as our principal storage media....and don't have the interconnect cable to a pc/mac.
Please tell there is a simple/cheap way to do this.....

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
The iPhone will sync contacts, however if your current numbers are saved to you phone then you must save them to your sim card if infact we can use our existing sim cards.

JASmine

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
I think I read yesterday that "while you can use your own sim card it's recommended to use the card that comes with the iPhone"....?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i believe that when you buy it they should be able to copy your current SIM card to the new iPhone one.
That also may be why they want you to use the installed one on Friday instead of your own. They might not have time Friday to be transferring data from your old SIM to your new SIM.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Can sim cards be transfered into the iPhone? Haven't seen anything about that and it would make things a bit easier. Fortunately I have all my contacts imported to my Mac, but I was wondering how that would work.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Can sim cards be transfered into the iPhone? Haven't seen anything about that and it would make things a bit easier. Fortunately I have all my contacts imported to my Mac, but I was wondering how that would work.
All the information I have seen here and in other websites states that the iPhone sim card cannot be removed. If you read the posts about how the iPhone will be registered, a lot of people "in the know" are thinking that they will simply scan the barcode of the phone to activate it (either through an AT&T system or an online thing).

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
All the information I have seen here and in other websites states that the iPhone sim card cannot be removed. If you read the posts about how the iPhone will be registered, a lot of people "in the know" are thinking that they will simply scan the barcode of the phone to activate it (either through an AT&T system or an online thing).
Well that's too bad. Not the end of the world though, fortunately the only feature that actually works on my Pearl with my Mac is the address book import.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
The information I have read says that the SIM tray is on the TOP of the Phone and a Paper Clip will be needed to remove it. As for the design of the Sim Card it has not been confirmed. It is said to be a different design and will not fit in other phone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The information I have read says that the SIM tray is on the TOP of the Phone and a Paper Clip will be needed to remove it. As for the design of the Sim Card it has not been confirmed. It is said to be a different design and will not fit in other phone.
I think this is just to discourage people from using the iPHone on other accounts.

I'm pretty sure the SIM card will be a standard SIM card. It might come pre-installed, but a simple press of a straightened paper clip should allow you to swap out your active SIM and put it in your older phone when you're going water skiing with your buds.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Hopefully it will be able to be used in other phones. There have been a few times where my battery was dead on my blackjack and I needed to make a phone call. Pop my sim out and put it in someone else's phone and I'm in businesss! If the iPhone sim card is in fact completely different we won't be able to do this..... Grrrrrrrrrr

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Yeah. If it can't move between phones Ill be pissed. I like being able to take my RAZR around when I want something small, or when I'm doing something that I'm worried I might damage the phone.

Aug 3, 2007
Okay, I have had my iPhone for 3 weeks, ever since I received the update, it says I need a SIM card.
Well, actually, where the connection bars are supposed to be it says "no SIM" I can't go on the internet, or do anything that requires a connection. :oops:
Help?

all serious help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Aug 3, 2007
Well, after i downloaded the update it worked fine for about 2 hours. Now it says i need the SIM card, well, I plugged it back in thinking that it would update and all that crap but it hasn't done anything. Currently I'm going to go through the settings again...:mad:

I hope you understand what I'm going through, I'm crapping out bricks in my pants. I need my phone for Monday.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I had issues with no service, no sim, and invalid sim. I removed and reinstalled sim, no problem since.

You do not have to reboot if you turn on airplane mode and then back off.

Aug 3, 2007
I don't even have a SIM card in there to begin with, it was working well all up until today when i got the new download... sorry forgot to mention.