SIM Contacts.?

swampyuk

Aug 23, 2008
Hey guys.

ive just got my iPhone and have copied all my contact to my sim card on my old phone.
now when i put my sim in my iPhone and turn it on... i don't have any contacts.... whats going on?

Cheers

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Welcome to EIC!

Does your iPhone have the 2.0 firmware? If so, there's an easy way to do this - see page 97 of the iPhone User's Guide that you can find here.

If your iPhone is running firmware 1.1.4 or lower, you will not be able to import your contacts directly from your SIM card, unfortunately. Unless it's jailbroken (hacked), that is - I think there's an app that can import them for you, but I'm not sure which one it is...

Last edited by a moderator:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Welcome to EIC!

Does your iPhone have the 2.0 firmware? If so, there's an easy way to do this - see page 97 of the iPhone User's Guide that you can find here.

If your iPhone is running firmware 1.1.4 or lower, you will not be able to import your contacts directly from your SIM card, unfortunately. Unless it's jailbroken (hacked), that is - I think there's an app that can import them for you, but I'm not sure which one it is...
the app is called SIM port it is on the iClarified Source.

Last edited by a moderator: