SIM not inserted?

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
my phone has been doing this since day one. Has this happened to anyone. Just randomly says "Sim not inserted". Had to turn it off and then on. it happens in the middle of a call as well.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
my phone has been doing this since day one. Has this happened to anyone. Just randomly says "Sim not inserted". Had to turn it off and then on. it happens in the middle of a call as well.

You might want to take it in and have Apple look at it. It could be software related or hardware malfunction. Either way take it in, sounds like it's defected.

Amahk

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
I get this also. I use to turn it off and that was such a hassle.
Then I thought of just using airplane mode so I wouldn't have to
Wait for the phone to shut off. I know this doesn't fix the problem
but it'll decrease the downtime.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Chances are Apple will direct you back to AT&T for a new sim card. They sometimes try to blame things on the sim card anyway so I'd imagine with a sim card error they may send you to AT&T for troubleshooting.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I had a problem with this on my V1 they will have you go to the AT&T store to get a new sim if it still does it after you get the new sim they will replace the phone.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I had a problem with this on my V1 they will have you go to the AT&T store to get a new sim if it still does it after you get the new sim they will replace the phone.
I agree. They seem to take that approach with a few issues that may or may not be releated to the sim.

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
Do you have a case on your iPhone?
I am down on vacation at my aunts house, and of course I made her buy the iPhone 3G and hers is having the same problem. I then realized it was because the case is so tight on her phone it is pushing the sim try into the phone and it moves the sim out of the detector just slightly enough it doesn't notice it is there. I have been ejecting her sim and then just putting it back in and its fine. Then I put on the case, and I notice it gets tight again. She has the Incase silicone protector

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
mine did that when i dropped it from a low distance. i just turned it off then on and it went away

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
i don't have a case on my iPhone. It just happens randomly. Also, my home button is getting stuck in the down position. hmmm...

thanks for the replies. i will try to take out the sim card and re-installing it...

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i don't have a case on my iPhone. It just happens randomly. Also, my home button is getting stuck in the down position. hmmm...

thanks for the replies. i will try to take out the sim card and re-installing it...
Button stuck too. how long have you had your phone? I'd take it back if i were you.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Wow! This happened today to me. Twice. I went to Apple and he said try a new sim at first, but I insisted on a swap and they agreed. I'm syncing as I write.