SIM Swaping with Blackberry

ctasse

Oct 14, 2007
I have a AT&T blackberry on my company account (which i manage). Since AT&T wont sell iPhones to company accounts i want to see if i can fake it out.

Can I take the sim from my blackberry, put it in the iPhone and re-register it? Will it even work?
Will it still bill against the company account?
can I put the sim back into the BB and have it work after I do it?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have a AT&T blackberry on my company account (which i manage). Since AT&T wont sell iPhones to company accounts i want to see if i can fake it out.

Can I take the sim from my blackberry, put it in the iPhone and re-register it? Will it even work?
Will it still bill against the company account?
can I put the sim back into the BB and have it work after I do it?
The phone will work (I've done this), but I'm guessing you'll have internet issues. The data plan on the BlackBerry is specific to the BlackBerry. I'm not so sure it'll work with the iPhone. Since you have a a BlackBerry, I doubt they'd add an iPhone data plan.

You can try.;)

-Chris

ctasse

Oct 14, 2007
The phone will work (I've done this), but I'm guessing you'll have internet issues. The data plan on the BlackBerry is specific to the BlackBerry. I'm not so sure it'll work with the iPhone. Since you have a a BlackBerry, I doubt they'd add an iPhone data plan.

You can try.;)

-Chris
I don't mind paying for the data, I'm doing it today.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
I don't mind paying for the data, I'm doing it today.
Be careful with the data .. because it really adds up with the iPhone ...