SIM unlock question

Sep 19, 2007
i have my iPhone activated without using iTunes so my sim is not activated yet. so i have access to everything but the phone related parts (cant dial or txt etc) am i able to unlock my iPhone so it can be used by other networks now or do i have to register the sim with AT&T?

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i have my iPhone activated without using iTunes so my sim is not activated yet. so i have access to everything but the phone related parts (cant dial or txt etc) am i able to unlock my iPhone so it can be used by other networks now or do i have to register the sim with AT&T?
its unlockable to other networks now, but internet(i think and visual voicemail wont work. some say youtube doesn't work either.

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
Visual voicemail is At &T teature thats why it wont work, the internet works fine and you can download a patch to get you tube working. you just have to run sim unlock then then activate the phone with something like wininstallerGUI with the new sim inside. Plus you have to have a working wi fi connection to use the simfree app.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Internet and Youtube will work but..

You need to set both up, you need to know the WAP for your SIM's network to get Internet (you have to pay someone). It can be setup under Settings, Network (note its only editable with non-ATT SIM, its hidden otherwise). For YouTube if you use the current version on iNdependance I believe it sets this up for you (never bothered with it myself as I'm not a YouTube fan).

If you only use WiFi then the SIM is irrelevant