SIM unlocking

allbuss

Mar 8, 2008
I recently noticed that whenever I have no service reception, and then I get service reception back, I constantly need to unlock my SIM. Now I know I can disable the SIM lock feature, but I don't want to in case I lose my phone. Is it just my phone in particular, or does everyone else have this problem? I missed some calls because of the unlocking thing everytime I go into dead reception spots.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
That's strange. Your phone shouldn't re-lock itself just because you are out of range. I don't know how much data you have on it, but you may want to restore in iTunes, and jailbreak/unlock/activate again. Don't sync your old phone data, just start over as a new phone. Hope this helps.

allbuss

Mar 8, 2008
That's strange. Your phone shouldn't re-lock itself just because you are out of range. I don't know how much data you have on it, but you may want to restore in iTunes, and jailbreak/unlock/activate again. Don't sync your old phone data, just start over as a new phone. Hope this helps.
This doesn't happen to anyone else? Well, it might be a bit of a hassle to jailbreak/unlock/activate my phone again.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Tell me this.....put your phone in Airplane Mode and then switch it back off and tell me if your phone SIM locks. If not, something is not right with your baseband. Also, your could try to hvae it connected to WIFI and try to lose reception for the phone and see if it SIM locks again.

List whether your phone is unlocked, jailbroken, and on what network. Then list what programs you used to do those things so that the community can better assist you, OK?