SIMple iPhone problem giving me hell!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 25, 2007
Ohio baby!
I am trying to plug my iPhone into my computer and when I do, it makes a weird noise and my computer and iTunes does not recognize that it is being plugged in. can anybody help? please! It's really annoying me lol.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I am trying to plug my iPhone into my computer and when I do, it makes a weird noise and my computer and iTunes does not recognize that it is being plugged in. can anybody help? please! It's really annoying me lol.

What makes a weird noise? The iPhone or your computer?

Did you try plugging it in to a different USB port? I know I've had issues in the past with USB ports and when I tried another port it worked fine.

Oct 25, 2007
Ohio baby!
Well I tried 3 different USB ports on my PC and they all make this weird noise.. the noise is coming from my computer. Its like the noise it makes when you plug somethng in, but with tourettes. It like skips! Its really weird.

What makes a weird noise? The iPhone or your computer?

Did you try plugging it in to a different USB port? I know I've had issues in the past with USB ports and when I tried another port it worked fine.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Been there. I turned off my computer then plugged my phone into it and booted my computer back up. Seemed to work for me then.
Try holding the Sleep & Home button (at the same time) on the iPhone for about 30 seconds until you see the connection logo on the iPhone's screen. This should be done while the iPhone is connected to the computer. This method usually solves the problem you are having...M