SIMple noob question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Just picked up the iPhone and have not had time to browse the 124 page manual, yes I actually printed it. My question is what do you do with the power settings? Do you use the auto lock, push the button on the top or simply leave the phone display on all day? My blackberry had a standby feature that would "sleep" after a set period of time and awaken if a call, text or email would come in, or if I pressed the the button on the top.

For now I have been pressing the button on top but its a PITA to "slide to unlck" or accept the call then change the audio source back to the headset. Why does it revert to the phone and not back to the paired headset?

Thanks all, and I'm still learning how to work the search here just to let you know I made an effort.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
I personally set a lock code on mine in case it's lost or stolen, set it to auto lock in 2 min. But if you don't touch the screen after so long it dims then turns off. But in general once Im done doing whatever im doing I click the top button to turn the screen off(standby). in which case it locks at the same time. It can be annoying to type in your code everytime you want to check anything, but at least I know all my data is safe.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
So it's similar to the Pearl when I push the button on top then. Thanks. Does yours revert to the phone when you take a call or stay connected to the BT headset, if you have one? Mine is connected when I push the sleep button but the phone picks up using the phones speaker and not the headset when I do it this way.