SIMple yes or no question:

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
When Apple issues the store credit for being an early adopter of the iPhone, can I use the $100 store credit on iTunes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
So you can definitely buy the gift cards then? There are no strings attached?

Sweet. That's not so bad then.

H

hax

So you can definitely buy the gift cards then? There are no strings attached?

Sweet. That's not so bad then.
Seems like the case right now. It's probably what I am going to do, get the iTunes card and then sell it.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
People posted on this form experiences with previous store credit that came with strings attached and could not be used on iTunes. No one knows the answer to this question until the full details are published.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
no one knows yet. in steve's letter, he said details will be released next week.

if Apple issues store credit in the form of a gift card, you will NOT be able to use it to purchase an iTunes gift card (see payment policies for gift cards here).

so we'll have to wait for the details to see how the credit is issued, and if there are any exceptions made to using it toward iTunes gift cards...

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I hadn't really thought about an iTunes card until the OP asked the question. I'll be blown away if you can't use the credit to buy a card. If you think about it, this is the absolute BEST way for Apple to allow us to redeem the $100. There is NO manufacturing cost associated with buying music (as far as an iTunes purchase is concerned), there is no interaction with customer service with the average iTunes purchase, there is no chance for unhappy customers returning an unsatisfactory or defective product - AND (this is the big one) iTunes purchases represent the lowest cost/highest profit for Apple. They'll get the best return on their money by letting us buy songs.

I'm definitely interested in watching this one play out. I buy very little from iTunes, so I have only an academic interest. I'll be buying some sort of speaker setup with my credit. Crossing my fingers for you iTunes buyers...

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I hadn't really thought about an iTunes card until the OP asked the question. I'll be blown away if you can't use the credit to buy a card. If you think about it, this is the absolute BEST way for Apple to allow us to redeem the $100. There is NO manufacturing cost associated with buying music (as far as an iTunes purchase is concerned), there is no interaction with customer service with the average iTunes purchase, there is no chance for unhappy customers returning an unsatisfactory or defective product - AND (this is the big one) iTunes purchases represent the lowest cost/highest profit for Apple. They'll get the best return on their money by letting us buy songs.
i agree. i do hope that we will be able to use them for iTunes gift cards - i buy all my music from iTunes since i end up listening to everything on my ipod or iPhone anyway. i'm keeping my fingers crossed too!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
As much as I would love to use it on iTunes. I have my serious doubts that they will let you buy a card with credit. Most places will not let you do that. From what I have read on these boards about Apple's credit policies, they have lots of rules and exceptions to their credit. But hey, maybe this credit will be different and we will be able to spend it on whatever we want even iTunes. We will just have to wait and see.....

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
How do you know that songs have the highest profit margin for Apple?

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC

I'm definitely interested in watching this one play out. I buy very little from iTunes, so I have only an academic interest. I'll be buying some sort of speaker setup with my credit. Crossing my fingers for you iTunes buyers...

BUT...............i bet that Apple's profit margins on a $100 worth of music is far far far less than the profit margin on a $100 worth of physical goods such as an ipod or any combination of accessories, so it WOULD NOT surprise me if Apple limited the rebate to certain types of purchases, with the least profitable, i.e. digital content, excluded