SIMplify Media Mobile

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Currently I'm listening to one of my over 7000 songs on my home computer while sitting at Barnes and Noble. This program rocks!

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Until it blows up my phone, this program is justification alone for jailbreaking! Or should I say, the best program I've been able to add since jailbreaking.

ebp2kEM1

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Pretty cool app. Gotta have a solid wifi connection and you better turn down your torrent seeding :)

My only complaint: Viewing the music. It isn't organized, you see 25 or so songs at a time then have to click to see the next 25 or the previous 25... etc.

Now you can use playlists and that part is very clean.

Overall this app is great and I would love to see it evolve with more features and more organization. Would also be sweet to use it to view mp4 videos.

shyn320

Oct 18, 2007
This is a great app i have about 10 friends on my list and we all have differnet music so i can basiclly listen to whatever i want its really cool.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
this app rocks however i would like to test out the firends feature only problem is none of my friends have iPhones....any one want to help me out here....my user name is reas0n send me an invite or however it works
Hey reas0n,
I just installed this and sent you an invite. Btw, I don't think your friends need an iPhone for it to work...they just need a Simplify Media account. They'll just have to use iTunes to view and play your shared music.

Feb 29, 2008
FYI: the newest version of Simplify Media Mobile (build 931) works with 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 firmware. It has improved playback UI that displays complete track information. And, you can now advance to the next track or go back to the previous one right within the player.

We hope to have a new version very soon that will let you view lists by album, artist and genre. Navigation is fine when have set up playlists, but the view by options will be a big step forward for "all songs."

Feb 29, 2008
Last night we released an important new feature: iPod-like navigation. You can view libraries by artist, by album, by genre and by songs. We've also added an a-z sidebar so you can instantly jump to a letter in long lists. And, to celebrate 100K downloads, we've changed the label from alpha to beta.

Build 937 is available through Installer now (via STE) and works with 1.1.1-1.1.4 firmware.

Feb 29, 2008
I wanted to let you know that we have just released a new update: Simplify Media Mobile build 949. (screenshots) Our goal was to implement our most requested features so this new version has:

+Album art - using Amazon Web Services to search for a match. In the future we will display the cover art already associated with the file for increased accuracy and rely on Amazon as a fallback.

+Artist bios - from last.fm. These user-created bios are distributed under the GNU free document license.

+Lyrics - courtesy of lyrics wiki and also user-generated and distributed under the GNU free document license.

+Shuffle - select Shuffle from the top of any song list, and the tracks from an album, a genre, an artist or a playlist will be randomized for your enjoyment. It even works with the All Songs list.

There are still many refinements to make, but we hope enjoy the latest release. Next up are refreshes for our Mac, PC and Linux versions. As always, if you have a problem, select Report Issue or drop us a line at support at simplifymedia.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I wanted to let you know that we have just released a new update: Simplify Media Mobile build 949. (screenshots) Our goal was to implement our most requested features so this new version has:

+Album art - using Amazon Web Services to search for a match. In the future we will display the cover art already associated with the file for increased accuracy and rely on Amazon as a fallback.

+Artist bios - from last.fm. These user-created bios are distributed under the GNU free document license.

+Lyrics - courtesy of lyrics wiki and also user-generated and distributed under the GNU free document license.

+Shuffle - select Shuffle from the top of any song list, and the tracks from an album, a genre, an artist or a playlist will be randomized for your enjoyment. It even works with the All Songs list.

There are still many refinements to make, but we hope enjoy the latest release. Next up are refreshes for our Mac, PC and Linux versions. As always, if you have a problem, select Report Issue or drop us a line at support at simplifymedia.
Very robust update, thank you for the info!

We need to start an EIC thread for music invites now :)