SIMplifyMedia

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Read about its release on another site. Hurry and get it while its free. Seems like a great and useful app. I think its going to replace pandora on my phone (though i have nothing against that app either).

If it doesn't show up in your iTunes on your phone or computer (which many have reported is the case):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284941327&mt=8

direct link^^ (works on your phone too), i fixed the link sorry

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
This a GREAT app. I'm glad I got it FREE. It's probably worth the $3.99, but can't beat free!

Your computer DOES need to be on, connected to the internet and running the Simplify Media software (which needs to be downloaded from simplifymedia.com).

The best way to find it on the App Store is go to the Music section and just scroll down until you see the big, white "S" with the orange background.

If you do intend on getting this, it does take a while for the Simplify Media software to recognize all the songs on your iTunes.

While this works REALLY well, I do have a few comments:

- The music quality is not the greatest. It's on par with Pandora. Not as good as last.fm. That's how I figured out that it's not actually using your music file. Actually putting songs in your iPod portion of your iPhone sounds way better. But, you're low on memory, this is the ONLY way to go so far.

- The album cover recognition is not the greatest. It comes up with a few hilarious results like this one:

I don't think this is a substitute for Pandora. I like how I can find new music with Pandora. But, it's a super great companion to Pandora and AOL Radio.

Get it while it's FREE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Finally, I can have all of my music with me. Great app.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Oh, its definently not a replacement for pandora if you enjoy hearing music thats associated with the bands you like, but I would rather carry around my own music so this seems like a great option!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
For some reason, it doesn't want to recognize "Apologize." Gonna send Timba to put the beatdown! :laugh2:

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Timba's gonna be all like...."it's too late to 'pologize punks"
LOL. :laugh2:

Well, I manually put it in my shared folder in iTunes. My shared folder says 3,084 files but my Simplify Media program says 3,072 files. I wonder when it'll catch up?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Grr.... DRM protected files can't play on the iPhone. :(

So, I guess not ALL of the songs bought from iTunes are DRM protected? Because I can play one of the songs I bought from iTunes.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
anyone else having trouble downloading it? i cant find it on my appstore in the iPhone. when i search it it find it right away in teh auto complete thing at the bottem of teh search bar but then when i click it it says no matches. i found it on my ituines and downloaded it and it wouldn't go on my iPhone for some reason im going to try again now.

nvm i went into categorys then music and it was there. doesn't seem to wanna load up the info page tho lemme try switching to 3g. yeah worked right away over 3g.. weird.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
mine stopped working. stuck on "connecting to libraries" on the iPhone and status on pc has been stuck on "scanning libraries". I've un-installed/re-installed on both pc and iPhone. worked great long enough to show to my friend (about 30 mins), been stuck for the last 4+ hours. any ideas?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
mine stopped working. stuck on "connecting to libraries" on the iPhone and status on pc has been stuck on "scanning libraries". I've un-installed/re-installed on both pc and iPhone. worked great long enough to show to my friend (about 30 mins), been stuck for the last 4+ hours. any ideas?
How big is your iTunes library? Mine is about 3,072 so that takes a while to load up. I can't imagine it being stuck for 4 hours though. Contact support on their website.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
How big is your iTunes library? Mine is about 3,072 so that takes a while to load up. I can't imagine it being stuck for 4 hours though. Contact support on their website.
iTunes is only 5,800. my music folder however has around 9,000. it worked fine for half an hour, it had only loaded around 1400 songs though. I just opened it, clicked on a song, and nothing happened so I closed the app and then re-opened and now it's stuck. It still says "connecting to libraries" and "scanning libraries". It's been 16 hours now.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Mine just shows the spinning wheel with the word Buffering? It's been like that for about 20 minutes. I'm on WiFi, and have 6700 songs in my iTunes library, could that have something to do with it?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Mine just shows the spinning wheel with the word Buffering? It's been like that for about 20 minutes. I'm on WiFi, and have 6700 songs in my iTunes library, could that have something to do with it?
Now, I'm wondering if there is server overload. All of sudden mine keeps buffering too and it worked fine earlier this morning. Maybe they might have to convert to a paid app sooner than they thought. :laugh2:

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Well for those of us who can't have pandora this is great, glad I got the free download

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's still showing up as free on my iTunes. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm glad to have it because Orb doesn't work for Macs.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I used this today while commuting on a bus. Worked like a charm. It worked even on EDGE, albeit a bit slower. I love it. :)