SIMply AMAZING!

jackwins

Jul 9, 2008
KCMO
OK, let me start this off by saying I am a technology whore. I have to have the new wiz bang device that comes out. That being said, I didn't purchase the 1st iPhone because it could not sync with Exchange. So when the 3G came out I jumped in line. Last week I found a small, but not too small, At&t store. Walked in and verified they would be selling the new iPhone. They said "yes, we will be selling them at 8am on next Friday." I thought cool, this store is not one of the larger ones so I will come early Friday morning, around 5am. Thursday night I couldnt sleep, so I threw on some clothes, kissed the wife and son, and off I went to the At&t store (around 2am). I got there around 2:30am and jumped in line. I was #25.

By 8am that line grew to over 100 people. I am so glad I couldnt sleep that night because they ran out of the 16G at around #40. I think almost everone wanted a 16G.

Needless to say the iPhone ROCKS! I am a Sprint MS Mobile convert. I will NEVER go back to MS, NEVER! The Exchange sync is almost instantanious, literally it takes a second or two. The calendar sync is the same, I LOVE IT! The call quality is superb, however the bluetooth kinda sucks. I have an 08 Prius with builtin bluetooth. the iPhone pairs with it, however the listener says I cut in and out. When I disconnect the bt they hear me perfectly. I may end up trying the jawbone.

This is my first iPhone forum I have joined and you guys know your stuff. I look forward to many interactions.

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
welcome..........glad you saw the light

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The call quality is superb, however the bluetooth kinda sucks. I have an 08 Prius with builtin bluetooth. the iPhone pairs with it, however the listener says I cut in and out. When I disconnect the bt they hear me perfectly. I may end up trying the jawbone.
I paired my iPhone 3G 16GB with my 2009 Acura TSX. I made a call and my friend was actually SURPRISED to hear that I was calling while driving back home from my iPhone purchase. He said that it sounded VERY clear and didn't cut in and out. So, I'm not sure the problem is the Bluetooth with your iPhone.

Also, the phone I had before getting this iPhone 3G was a 2005 Sony Ericsson Z520a and that had Bluetooth trouble with my 2009 Acura. Sometimes the phone pairing didn't go off when I turned off the car. Like it was froze on the phone and restarting my phone every time that happened was the only temp fix.

It seems that you may have two somewhat incompatible Bluetooth techonlogies. I'm not sure how old your Prius is though.

jackwins

Jul 9, 2008
KCMO
I paired my iPhone 3G 16GB with my 2009 Acura TSX. I made a call and my friend was actually SURPRISED to hear that I was calling while driving back home from my iPhone purchase. He said that it sounded VERY clear and didn't cut in and out. So, I'm not sure the problem is the Bluetooth with your iPhone.

Also, the phone I had before getting this iPhone 3G was a 2005 Sony Ericsson Z520a and that had Bluetooth trouble with my 2009 Acura. Sometimes the phone pairing didn't go off when I turned off the car. Like it was froze on the phone and restarting my phone every time that happened was the only temp fix.

It seems that you may have two somewhat incompatible Bluetooth techonlogies. I'm not sure how old your Prius is though.
My Prius is a 2008. Its paired fine and sounded perfectly with 3 other phones (2 MS Mobile, and 1 Treo). The iPhone pairs fine, and it sounds fine on my end, but whoever I am talking too says its choppy from time to time. I think it is bluetooth versions, or something. Im not worried though, if thats the only thing that I think needs improvement, I am happy.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My Prius is a 2008. Its paired fine and sounded perfectly with 3 other phones (2 MS Mobile, and 1 Treo). The iPhone pairs fine, and it sounds fine on my end, but whoever I am talking too says its choppy from time to time. I think it is bluetooth versions, or something. Im not worried though, if thats the only thing that I think needs improvement, I am happy.
Who knows? It could have been the reception on the other guy's phone that was the problem.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
OK, let me start this off by saying I am a technology whore. I have to have the new wiz bang device that comes out. That being said, I didn't purchase the 1st iPhone because it could not sync with Exchange. So when the 3G came out I jumped in line. Last week I found a small, but not too small, At&t store. Walked in and verified they would be selling the new iPhone. They said "yes, we will be selling them at 8am on next Friday." I thought cool, this store is not one of the larger ones so I will come early Friday morning, around 5am. Thursday night I couldnt sleep, so I threw on some clothes, kissed the wife and son, and off I went to the At&t store (around 2am). I got there around 2:30am and jumped in line. I was #25.

By 8am that line grew to over 100 people. I am so glad I couldnt sleep that night because they ran out of the 16G at around #40. I think almost everone wanted a 16G.

Needless to say the iPhone ROCKS! I am a Sprint MS Mobile convert. I will NEVER go back to MS, NEVER! The Exchange sync is almost instantanious, literally it takes a second or two. The calendar sync is the same, I LOVE IT! The call quality is superb, however the bluetooth kinda sucks. I have an 08 Prius with builtin bluetooth. the iPhone pairs with it, however the listener says I cut in and out. When I disconnect the bt they hear me perfectly. I may end up trying the jawbone.

This is my first iPhone forum I have joined and you guys know your stuff. I look forward to many interactions.
Congrats and welcome to the family :)

Anderson3G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Simply AMAZING ... I may end up trying the jawbone.
I am new to iPhone for exactly the same reasons as you ... and agree completely w/ AMAZING ... !

And, the Jawbone 2 is amazing too, as long as you can keep it touching your face ... otherwise, it will drive you crazy

good luck

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Welcome, Jack

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Welcome to EIC! First iPhone forum... good choice.;)

Enjoy your stay.

-Chris

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Welcome to the best iPhone forum on the world wide web!
I'm glad you like the phone, shame you've only just jumped on board; you've missed out, but now you have seen the light!
If you have any questions just post and someone will answer them for you.

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma

You'll love the new Jawbone.......

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Welcome the the party Jack....and I bet I am the only one here who knows the song your sig is from. LOL I dig old school rap. As a matter of fact, I just heard Jam On It on my XM radio and literally sang the entire song for my 15 year old. She laughed so hard she started crying.

jackwins

Jul 9, 2008
KCMO
Welcome the the party Jack....and I bet I am the only one here who knows the song your sig is from. LOL I dig old school rap. As a matter of fact, I just heard Jam On It on my XM radio and literally sang the entire song for my 15 year old. She laughed so hard she started crying.
Everyone thanks for the warm welcome. Jslappa, LOL... Special Ed is still the man. LONG LIVE OLD SCHOOL HIP HOP!