Since i see people have hacked 1.1.1...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dc5itr888

Oct 5, 2007
Since i see some people have hacked 1.1.1 and finally got 3rd party apps on it. So does this mean that if I go out and buy a iPhone from the Apple store (most likely it will have 1.1.1.) i can put in my tmobile sim and it will work? or i have to wait a little bit longer? im confused by reading modmyiPhone...hackintosh, and some of the other sites out there saying it can be done and some saying it still cant? please chime in and make my nerves a little better. thanks

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Since i see some people have hacked 1.1.1 and finally got 3rd party apps on it. So does this mean that if I go out and buy a iPhone from the Apple store (most likely it will have 1.1.1.) i can put in my tmobile sim and it will work? or i have to wait a little bit longer? im confused by reading modmyiPhone...hackintosh, and some of the other sites out there saying it can be done and some saying it still cant? please chime in and make my nerves a little better. thanks
If you Purchase yourself a iPhone in the Apple store it might be the upgraded to 1.1.1 . However you can unlock it but its a lot harder to do than that of the previous firmware. Jailbreaking and modding the latest firmware is much easier to do. unless your computer illiterate. :laugh2:

dc5itr888

Oct 5, 2007
huh?

i still don't get it... so does it mean that i can use a new iPhone thats already with 1.1.1 (not a iPhone with 1.0.2 and upgraded to 1.1.1)with my t-mobile sim card and have it worked or does it mean that recent 1.1.1 hack still doesn't hacked the phone feature? and only allows 3rd party apps? please explain

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
it can be done.. but it is not that easy on 1.1.1

you have a better shot [easier] if you buy the iPhone and downgrade to the 1.0.2 firmware on it.

hope that this helps