Since I'm New To EverythingiCafe...

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Since I'm new to EverythingiCafe...I want to upload a picture but don't know how... could someone help me with this? Also, how do I put in information under the divider that shows one every post? Help would be great. My main priority is getting a default profile picture!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Both of those things are done in the UserCP. Just go up to the top of any page and look under the "everythingiCafe" text. Click on "UserCP", and in the page that loads, you'll see several tabs on the left. One is "Edit Profile Picture" and another is "Edit Avatar', the image that appears beneath your username in every post.

By the way, welcome to the forums.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Haha thanks man I just hope I don't get carpal tunnel syndrome or some crap like that! haha

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Haha thanks man I just hope I don't get carpal tunnel syndrome or some crap like that! haha
Nah, you won't. I'm a active on two other forums and work as a bank teller(lots of counting, LOL), and I'm still good

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Nah, you won't. I'm a active on two other forums and work as a bank teller(lots of counting, LOL), and I'm still good
OT ... I worked as a teller when I was in college. Not a bad job... until I got robbed. Didn't like it after that at all.. :-/

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
OT ... I worked as a teller when I was in college. Not a bad job... until I got robbed. Didn't like it after that at all.. :-/
I agree, its a perfect part time for me while I'm in college because of the flexible hours. Speaking of robbery, our night drop box got robbed over the weekend, from what we have been able to account for, the thief(s) made away with 40k in cash. Hopefully I'll never have to go through that...sorry to hear that you did =(

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
who let this comment get glossed over?

we want details.

NOW.

please?
Well, it's a pretty uninteresting story as far as bank robberies go, nothing like one you'd see in a movie. I was 21, working as a teller.. good pay, flexible hours.. great job for a college student. One Saturday there was quite a long line in the branch less than 10 minutes before the manager would have been locking the doors. When the next customer approached my window, he showed me a gun and slid a note across the counter that said this was a robbery and that I should give him all my money. I was terrified and felt like everything was moving in slow motion as I reached into my drawer and gave him everything. I didn't remember to do any of the things that I'd been taught to do during a robbery - didn't trip an alarm, didn't give him the dye pack, didn't take a good look at him (in fact I don't think I ever looked up from the counter once I saw the gun), and didn't even watch him go out the door to confirm his height.

After it was over, I walked to my supervisor and told her I'd been robbed... then I started to cry. I knew I'd done everything wrong and I was afraid that I was going to be in trouble. I also had this unreasonable feeling that something bad had been done to me personally and that there would be more to come (and had to be assured by several people that there was no way that guy was waiting around outside.. that he got what he wanted and was long gone.)

The FBI guys came in, obviously called away from mowing lawns and other weekend activities. They were very friendly in spite of the fact that I was completely useless as a witness, able to describe only the piece of paper the note was on and the guy's hands. Everyone seemed to understand that it was natural to forget what to do and that the most important thing was that no one was hurt.

I worked there for a few more months after that, but I was never the same. I watched the line constantly, pacing myself with customers in order to avoid people who looked "scary". I was always nervous and never liked my job again. Too bad, really, because it'd been a great job up until that point.

So yes.. that's the story.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
And that's usually the MO of most bank robbers, so they wont draw too much attention to themselves when they leave the bank.

The teller that trained me had actually been robbed at gunpoint, so the good pay and flexible hours do come at a price. Again, I'm sorry that happened to you, but like you mentioned, at least no one was hurt :)