Single ear bud

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Has anyone seen an earpiece like Apple's with the inline button but with only one ear bud? The supplied ones are fine if you are using them as headphones, but when you just want to talk on the phone it's annoying having the second ear bud dangling. It also gets in the way in the car. I don't think Apple thought about that issue. I'm waiting to see the reviews on Apple's bluetooth headset to see if I want that, but even then I don't always use Bluetooth and would prefer the earpiece.

I know what you mean. I like to keep the iPhone down in the little "well" under the radio console, etc. and in front of the parking break in my Toyota Camry. I do like the fact I can talk directly into the headphone unemcumbered but the headphone line does get caught up in the parking brake handle and when it does that the earbud will get ripped from my ear. I like the fact I can see who is calling from a glance by using the photo association feature but I wish I could put the phone in a location I could still glance at it without it being a disctraction. Maybe I'll need to get a bluetooth thingy but I have been avoiding that because I hate the borg look.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Still looking

The Plantronics one is just way too big, I'm not looking for something that goes around my ear. Basically i'm looking for something just like Apple's iPhone headphones, but with only one ear bud. If i'm using the phone as a phone and not an iPod, I don't want headphones. Has anyone tried cutting off the earbud without the button on it?