Siri and alarm clock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
As I mentioned before, right as I go to bed, I like to set a wake up time with Siri. Last night, I said to Siri "Hey Siri, wake me up at 5:30am" and she sets the time. So then I was thinking to myself, I could get an extra half hour of sleep and so I call on Siri to change my wake up time.., "Hey Siri, change my alarm from 5:30am to 6am". She calls back "Your alarm has been changed to 6am." All is good or so I thought until I discover that she never turned my alarm on and so I wake up at 8:20am. Automation is not always reliable and so back to manual.

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
Mine works every time but I don't say "wake me up at xx:xx", I say "set alarm for xx:xx." I've never tried to change an alarm with Siri though.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
As I mentioned before, right as I go to bed, I like to set a wake up time with Siri. Last night, I said to Siri "Hey Siri, wake me up at 5:30am" and she sets the time. So then I was thinking to myself, I could get an extra half hour of sleep and so I call on Siri to change my wake up time.., "Hey Siri, change my alarm from 5:30am to 6am". She calls back "Your alarm has been changed to 6am." All is good or so I thought until I discover that she never turned my alarm on and so I wake up at 8:20am. Automation is not always reliable and so back to manual.
Is it possible that you were really tired and turned it off? I use this feature all the time and it works great for me. Make sure it shows the alarm as being set to ON after you use Siri to set it. The toggle will appear on the lock screen.

KPSK

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Not bashing iphone but one thing i miss on my android is when my alarm would go off i could tell it to stop or snooze and it would.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Stopping and snoozing on iOS works great for me. I've never had any problems with that.
humm i never got snooze to work either on my iphone without physically touching the snooze option. how did you get siri to snooze your iphone?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
humm i never got snooze to work either on my iphone without physically touching the snooze option. how did you get siri to snooze your iphone?
I didn't read KPSK's post closely enough. I don't use Siri to snooze alarms. I just tap snooze on the phone. I've never actually tried it with Siri. It's faster for me to just press snooze. Why would anyone press a button on the phone to activate an internet service and talk into the phone to tell it to snooze when they could just press the snooze button and go back to sleep?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Snooze is nice until you oversleep and then are rushing to get some place. I've been in that situation because my alarm didn't go off again.
It goes off again nine minutes later for me every time. I know you have mentioned having a lot of problems with it. I think you are accidentally turning your alarm off.