Siri and dictation stopped working

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
Has this happened to anyone else after software updates?
I have the 6s and it worked fine last weekend, now nothing. But voice memos and videos work fine for sound.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I haven't experienced your Siri issue, and this may or may not work, but try going to Settings > General > Siri, and turn her off, then back on. After that, change her gender to male, then change his gender back to female.

Again, this may or may not work; I'm trying to get her to "reset" for you.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Well, look on the bright side. At least the Siri lockscreen vulnerability is also gone from your phone…:D Just joking. I will keep my eyes open and if I see anything out there about Siri issues after 9.0.2, I will post it here.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 12.29.31 PM.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I tried that and no luck :(
I'm hoping after the next update Siri will work again. For now I'll just be frustrated lol
Here's an older article (pre-iPhone 6s) but the symptoms described match yours (voice memos work, but Siri doesn't). It describes how to test if your secondary mic is working.

http://urbantornado.com/2015/04/21/...-working-for-you-on-your-ios-device-try-this/

If your second mic works, I would suggest powering off, and back on. If that still doesn't work, a "Reset All Settings" might be in order.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Has this happened to anyone else after software updates?
I have the 6s and it worked fine last weekend, now nothing. But voice memos and videos work fine for sound.
Have you tried a hard reset? Press the home and power button at the same time and let go when you see the Apple logo. It's similar to a reboot. No data will be lost.

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
Have you tried a hard reset? Press the home and power button at the same time and let go when you see the Apple logo. It's similar to a reboot. No data will be lost.
Yep I tried all of these things before I posted.
When I'm in my car Siri will work through the car mic. So weird how it just stopped.