Siri and voice commands

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by silvermoon, Jul 18, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I didn't really appreciate having Siri's voice on my phone until recently. I'm waiting for an auction to end and so I tell Siri, "Set a timer for 3 hours". This is a lot faster than going into the Clock app and then to Timer and scrolling until you have it set on 3 hours.

Another time where I found her useful is if you need to do a quick mathematical calculation or two and don't want to do any number crunching, she will do the math for you and show you the steps.

I've thought about using Siri for playing music, but I don't know how well that would work. How do you use Siri?

2. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Are use it a lot for music. Especially when driving. However most of what I use Siri for is setting reminders, appointments, making phone calls, etc. You can also use it for making notes.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What I don't like about Siri and music is that it's not persistent. I can ask Siri to shuffle a playlist, but if I disconnect my iPhone from my car and come back five minutes later, the settings are forgotten.

4. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I never noticed that because I don't usually remember what I'm listening to when I stop and then come back to the car.