Siri better in iOS 6

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
does anyone know if Siri is going to understand us in the uk and will it show us restaurants and other things,as at the moment I have real problems getting him to understand me, (yes I can speak English I'm Manchester uk) if Apple can get it working well in Japan,china then surely it should be better in uk..

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I am in the UK on iOS6 beta 4 and Siri finds me things and I can ask him to navigate me places and maps pops up. So yes Siri does work in the UK on the betas so it should work when publicly released.

Sent from my iOS EcoSystem

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I am in the UK on iOS6 beta 4 and Siri finds me things and I can ask him to navigate me places and maps pops up. So yes Siri does work in the UK on the betas so it should work when publicly released.

Sent from my iOS EcoSystem
good to hear as I never use it and i want to, on I-tunes its saying check for update on 15/9/12 do you think they will release ios6 then a couple of days after announcing the i5

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm from Manchester, UK and Siri understands me just fine. If I'm drunk and trying to show it off (on the iPad 3) it doesn't work so good because my accent becomes quite difficult to understand, to another Manc there wouldn't be a problem.

Siri is still in it's public beta form, I don't think something like Siri can ever be complete as it's always developing.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I'm from Manchester, UK and Siri understands me just fine. If I'm drunk and trying to show it off (on the iPad 3) it doesn't work so good because my accent becomes quite difficult to understand, to another Manc there wouldn't be a problem.

Siri is still in it's public beta form, I don't think something like Siri can ever be complete as it's always developing.
I'm Manchester and on the 4s it's crap. Ok it woks to a certain degree but nothing like you see on the adverts, ask for Arndale comes up with carnival,not good..

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm Manchester and on the 4s it's crap. Ok it woks to a certain degree but nothing like you see on the adverts, ask for Arndale comes up with carnival,not good..

Although Sir understood me, she/he/it didn't find me anything relevant. I know it's still mainly for the folks across the pond, but I'm sure we'll get something sooner rather than later.

photo-32.png

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Although Sir understood me, she/he/it didn't find me anything relevant. I know it's still mainly for the folks across the pond, but I'm sure we'll get something sooner rather than later.

photo-32.png
yeh that's it but it's supposed to be much better in ios6, like your screen saver...

luvit!

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
It would be awesome if there were different voice's! and I'm sure that Apple will be making more improvements with Siri.

Cute baby screen saver!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I find that I prefer female voices. It seems more soothing. Like, even if Siri was popping up to warn me about the imminent doom of the entire planet, it wouldn't seem so bad coming from a female Siri.

"I'm sorry, Dennis, but it seems the world is coming to an end and I can't connect to the network. Could you try asking your question later, in the after-life?"

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I find that I prefer female voices. It seems more soothing. Like, even if Siri was popping up to warn me about the imminent doom of the entire planet, it wouldn't seem so bad coming from a female Siri.

"I'm sorry, Dennis, but it seems the world is coming to an end and I can't connect to the network. Could you try asking your question later, in the after-life?"
I prefer the female voice too, it just sounds right if you get what I mean. The male voice sounds quite, thick ha ha. He also sounds un-trustworthy.