Siri can open apps & settings panes

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by RoofMonkey, Sep 23, 2013.

1. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Did you know Siri is able to open up the settings panels for both native and 3rd party applications?
    You can do this by giving the command ‘open settings’ while in an app, such as Mail or Notes, or by directly saying ‘open Mail settings.’

Tell Siri to 'open iCafe' and she takes you right to the app :D

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@RoofMonkey Thanks for this info. I forgot Siri had this capability. I was barely using it before iOS7 now I will be asking her to open Apps for me left and right.

In front of my husband I asked Siri to remind me to purchase Infinity Blade III on October 10th. He never uses Siri but this peaked his interest. He said, "I didn't know you could tell her to do that. How can I make her remind me of stuff?" AWW It was so nice. He really didn't want to use her with his iPhone 4s but now he's interested. That is so good.

Again, Thanks for the tip!

#2 Sharunda, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  3. Lisa22

Lisa22 Member
    Bronze

I knew you could launch the app, but not for the settings to come up. that's cool.

4. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Siri will turn my bluetooth on/off, switch to airplane mode, open apps, etc ... but she won't turn on my flashlight?!?! LOL

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Maybe she's a little angry at the flashlight. I wouldn't be surprised. Flashlight has been dissing her for the longest. Ignoring all her advances, now it's got some shine so she's going to ignore commands to it. If you want light, you have to do it yourself @iErik. Thems the rules of a scorned Siri.

6. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

The funny thing is I've never needed to open and app or turn on Bluetooth with a voice command. But yesterday, when I was contorted behind my entertainment system trying to find an open HDMI slot I sure could've used a voice activated flashlight! :)

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yeah, Siri don't care about what you need. She needed some Flashlight loving way back when she first moved into the iOS house and Flashlight just wasn't having it.

I know this pain. Siri used to not get along with my clock and calendar but that is all fixed now with iOS7.

Don't worry they'll work it out. Until then, you've got to command it.

The Command Center is a great idea though at least you don't have to go through a lot of licks to get it to work. I needed the flashlight yesterday going down some stairs until I got into the room to cut the light on and it really came in handy. Love Command Center!

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I just asked Siri to open my Flashlight and she gave me the options for my Flashlight Apps.

AWWW SHOOT! IT'S ON! They just don't get along!
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380296937.370375.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

9. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

That did it. I reinstalled my flashlight app and she opened in right up! :)

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Oh well. Apps she will deal with. The native ios 7 Flashlight App she will not. Yup. Siri is not a happy camper when it comes to senior Flashlight. At least she'll open the Flashlight Apps.

Apple will have to get in here and play Couples Therapy with them and give us a fix.

Glad you got the App too work.

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I have a flashlight app and Siri opens it for me. She won't open the stock flashlight in control center though.
    EDIT: after reading the rest of the thread, without my glasses mind you, I found that you all figured this out already. lol