Siri has not been working for the last 2 hours...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Richard_P_Harvey, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Richard_P_Harvey

Bronze

Got my new 4S last night and today I have been playing around with Siri, it's pretty cool. But for the last couple of hours she is not working at all, she says "I'm really sorry about this but I can't take any requests right now...."

Anyone else have this happen...?

2. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I have run into this a few times. She hasn't told me that though. Lol. That's a new one. I usually just hear that she cannot connect due to the servers being down. I think every time you ask her something that she has to go through Apples servers so when you cannot connect to them then you can't use Siri. That might be only half true though. Hopefully some others in here will have a more definite answer.

3. richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10 New Member

You will notice when you really need Siri she wont work

4. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Pretty sure the voice recognition has to happen in the cloud as there isn't any retail mobile device that can do the conversion on-device. Database and processing load speed likely substantial.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

5. Richard_P_Harvey

Bronze

...and she is working again

6. Badfishy

Badfishy Contributor
    Bronze

I have Verizon and it hasn't worked for the past 2 days. My friend has AT&T and his works fine. Tried resetting Siri and hard reset phone. Guess I have to go to genius bar. I get same message as OP.

Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

7. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Maybe Siri had some days off those days, she wasn't scheduled or her shift was over. Lol