Siri has not been working for the last 2 hours...

Jan 28, 2010
Got my new 4S last night and today I have been playing around with Siri, it's pretty cool. But for the last couple of hours she is not working at all, she says "I'm really sorry about this but I can't take any requests right now...."

Anyone else have this happen...?

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Got my new 4S last night and today I have been playing around with Siri, it's pretty cool. But for the last couple of hours she is not working at all, she says "I'm really sorry about this but I can't take any requests right now...."

Anyone else have this happen...?
I have run into this a few times. She hasn't told me that though. Lol. That's a new one. I usually just hear that she cannot connect due to the servers being down. I think every time you ask her something that she has to go through Apples servers so when you cannot connect to them then you can't use Siri. That might be only half true though. Hopefully some others in here will have a more definite answer.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Pretty sure the voice recognition has to happen in the cloud as there isn't any retail mobile device that can do the conversion on-device. Database and processing load speed likely substantial.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I have Verizon and it hasn't worked for the past 2 days. My friend has AT&T and his works fine. Tried resetting Siri and hard reset phone. Guess I have to go to genius bar. I get same message as OP.

Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Maybe Siri had some days off those days, she wasn't scheduled or her shift was over. Lol