Siri - I don't use it...

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by ivantwilliams, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Siri on my iPhone 4S

Weird, but, either I keep forgetting that I have this feature called Siri, or I'm simply not interested in it. Now I feel as if I'm not using my iPhone to its full capability.

2. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

It can be easy to forget about. I used to forget all the time about the basic voice control feature on my iPhone 4. However, I've finally gotten used to Siri and use it almost every day, usually to set up reminders and draft text messages. But it seems like her comprehension has declined a lot recently - it feels like I need to make corrections to the transcriptions more often than not, which wasn't the case for the first few weeks after I got the 4S.

3. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Must be load related. Can you imagine if it was opened to more than the 4S. It's in beta, give it time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I've been trying to use it more. I dropped my wife off at a restaurant while I searched for parking. During that time, she texted me asking my whereabouts. I was of course getting lost and using Navigon to find my way back to point A. When I finally got of my car and on my way, I tried to use Siri to dictate a text response. Siri kept thinking and thinking. Tried again. Same thing. Tried again, no dice. Got to the restaurant, sat down and Siri was still thinking.

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's why the female voice.
    It's like trying to wait for my girlfriend to order. I'm thinking, thinking, still thinking....

6. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

LOL

I use it to set the alarm, set timers, sometimes text but not that often, and add appointments to the schedule. That's about it.

It's totally unreliable for most things right now.

7. impaler

impaler Member
    Silver

It's gimicky. It's easier and faster for me to input things myself. I want it to be right...and I don't want Siri to put the wrong stuff in where I find out later after, say, I miss an appointment.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Mine has always worked flawlessly. I use it all the time especially while driving to respond to a text and set up reminders, since I'm so "forgetful"
    Plus the usual "how much is $ in €" what's the weather like tomorrow, and who's your daddy.
    I like Siri.

9. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

I like Siri just wish it worked better in europe you cant use it the same way here as in the US

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app