Siri is Gone after 6.0 upgrade?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Mishol, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mishol

Mishol New Member

I have downloaded the 6.0 upgrade for my 4s and now Siri is completely wiped out! Not under settings or anything PLEASE HELP!

2. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

If Siri is missing from Settings > General > Siri, then you will need to restore the device as new through iTunes or via Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Content and Settings.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm not getting how so many of you are managing to kill off Siri during the OS upgrade!

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I don't recall where the OP started the thread--and I do agree that Siri is iOS software--but personally, I think the thread would go better in "iOS 6 Forums". Since Siri is very much a part of the OS itself, I consider it part of the OS itself. That's the forum where all discussion of Maps, Passbook, etc. is currently found, so for consistency, I think this thread fits nicely over there...

Just my $0.02 :)

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yeah, I do see what you're saying, but Siri hasn't just been on iOS 6. It was a big player in the release of iOS 5 and the iPhone 4S.

I'll speak to, chris and I'll see what he's got to say (he's the boss). To be honest, it is software which is part of an operating system, perhaps it should have it's own sub-forum.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

At some point, we might be better served to fold iOS 6 into iOS Software. It's confusing the way I have it setup.

8. Mishol

Mishol New Member

I tried this and still no SIRI any other suggestions?

9. Mishol

Mishol New Member

I didn't do anything but download the 6.0 upgrade and Now no SIRI I do not know how to get her back now? All i did was download the upgrade and now no Siri...

10. Mishol

Mishol New Member

I tried this and still No Siri, any other suggestions?

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

When you go to Settings > General, what setting do you have immediately below "Usage >"?

Also, are you using your iPhone in US English?

12. Mishol

Mishol New Member

Cellular is immediately below usage and yes it is in US English

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

If you go to Settings > General > Restrictions, is there a Restriction on Siri?

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I agree :ROFLMAO:

15. Mishol

Mishol New Member

Siri is not even located anywhere in my restrictions

16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Have you tried making a backup of your phone (to either iCloud or your computer), then Restore As New, to see if Siri comes back? This would completely restore your phone to how it was when you took it out of the box, so make sure your backup is a good backup before you do this, so that you could then restore from the backup after you try this.

If you have any reservations about using Restore As New, then you might want to take your phone in to a Genius so that he or she could look at it.

17. Mishol

Mishol New Member

Okay i restored as new last night and still NO SIRI AHHHHH!

18. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Ahhh, so sorry... :( I cannot understand why this is happening on your 4S after you upgraded to iOS 6... I cannot think of anything else for you to try, except taking it in to an Apple Store and having it looked at.

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Mishol are you jailbroken? If so, that could be a problem.

If I were you, I would call the Apple Tech Support number and have them go over what to do with you. IOS6 and Siri just don't get along. My Siri was knocked out on my iPhone 5 all week. It came back late this morning but I'm not confident that it'll be staying. They have got a lot of work to do on this match made in (not heaven) of IOS6 and iPhone 5 - 4 - 4S and Siri.

The more people with problems and issues in their records the better for us. Hopefully they will see that this is a widespread issue and get a fix ASAP out to us.

I wish you luck. Siri is an awesome addition and I hate being without her. Using Siri through my earphones helps me to conceal my iPhone 5 and keep it safe during my commutte. I need her to work. I hate that she's not doing so well now.

20. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Now is Siri turned on in Location services ?