Siri not indexing music or apps...

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jmp316, Sep 21, 2012.

1. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to Siri. I've had an iPhone 4 before getting the 5 today. I activated and synced everything up but I can't get Siri to play any music or open apps. Am I doing something wrong? Does Siri need to index my phone before it will open things? Thanks in advance!

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Try "settings/ general/ spotlight search". Make sure everything is checked off.

3. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Just to clarify, I want make sure all items are checked or not checked? Everything was checked to start. I tried it both ways and I still can't it to work. Ugh. Frustrated.

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

A little weird. Playing music was a basic of seri from the start. It's not an upgrade in the new software. If you restored your new phone from a backup you may have a corrupt backup. The only way to fix that is to do a full restore as new. A real pain but it does fix many issues. You may want to try a "HARD RESTART".

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I may try to restore as new phone tomorrow. Ugh, that will take awhile. Thanks for the help.

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Woo hoo! 2 hard resets did the trick. It's now working perfectly (and very fast).