Siri not working since 7.1 upgrade...

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by prott1, Mar 16, 2014.

1. prott1

prott1 Member
    Bronze

Really.... Apple you stink. Ever since I upgraded software to 7.1 Siri no longer works. I've read the Apple forums and did the normal things... Did a reset, tried cycling Siri on and off and anything else I could find. Besides the obvious, that Apple engineers suck, does anyway have any ideas?

:mad:

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

First try toggling it off, rebooting and then toggling it back on. If that doesn't work, try these Siri troubleshooting steps that Apple has listed. If it still doesn't work after troubleshooting it, restore from backup.

3. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Never been a huge fan of the blanket "Apple Sucks" or "Apple, you stink" statements. Same with other manufacturers.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

You never told us how it's not working. When you press and hold the home button, does she not pop up? Does she pop up , but not of or listen to any commands?

Oh, BTW- I've been thinking about how hard it is to code a whole operating system like Apple does, and no normal human being can do it, like a normal human being can do any other job. So, perhaps we suck and the engineers rock?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. prott1

prott1 Member
    Bronze

Understood.. that's what makes America great, were all entitled to think differently..

6. prott1

prott1 Member
    Bronze

Sorry, your right... She pops up, but doesn't listen to any commands..

Oh, BTW, you're right, I for one can't build and design a rocket ship, but then again I don't claim to be able to.. But then again, that's why they call them engineers and we leave it to them because supposedly they are the experts. Just saying......

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Have you tried it both ways, i.e. allowing her to determine when you've stopped talking the old-fashioned way, and also the new "manual listening" in 7.1?

http://www.imore.com/how-manually-control-when-siri-listens-you-ios-71

Would you mind posting a screeenshot of what happens when Siri is done listening to you?

Also, just a shot in the dark here, since Europa has already covered the basics (which are time-proven remedies), but why don't you switch her langauge from English (United States) to English (United Kingdom), then back again... this just might "nudge" her and straighten her out...

I'm sure you know this, but just in case, you can find the langauge setting in Settings > General > Siri > Langauge >.

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Everyone knows that the only company that stinks and sucks is Zynga! :D