Siri problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chealun, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Chealun

Chealun New Member

In my country Cambodia, there is facing with a problem from iPhone 4s Siri! We cannot use Siri for making a call. Even I had seen the solution in Internet... But didn't help my iPhone work! Some tell to add +1 or 0 including area code and some tell to dial *228 and follow the steps, but here just only the first step we also cannot go on... We try to dial and wait for answering many times... Any solution for helping?
    Thank for having a look for my post..

2. Grant Flores

Grant Flores New Member

I am not sure what the problem here is because it is pretty much straightforward for me. You just have to command it with "Call" and attach the name of the contact you want to reach and it will dial it for you.

What you could probably check is how the numbers are registered. You actually have to use the international format just so it could dial straight away.

3. Chealun

Chealun New Member

I have been restore, reset and format it many times. However, It doesn't work for me with making calls! My speaking is clear enough and it work for calling but it replied: sorry <my name> I can't call to <contact name>!
    Then I asked Siri: why?
    Siri said: honestly, I don't know myself either!
    And the phone is the factory unlock ( original 100%) version version iOS 5.0.1 without any AT&T or Verison networks contracts!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Does it work when you toggle Siri off and default to Voice Control?

5. Chealun

Chealun New Member

I know what u mean but it isn't call Siri for iPhone 4s... It is called voice control for iPhone 4s or iPhone iOS 4.0.0+ generations!

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was just curious if it worked when the Siri toggle was turned off. When Siri is off, Voice Control will be on.

#6 Europa, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  7. Chealun

Chealun New Member

No wander the voice control isn't connecting to Internet! But the Siri is! That's why! I need the solution on it!