Siri Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Double KLM, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Double KLM

Double KLM Member
    Bronze

OK, I've only been using my 4s for two weeks now but I have to say, I am so much more
    productive. Siri is letting me be very productive on my commutes into and home from work. I'm composing and sending emails, I'm composing and sending texts, I'm voice dialing, I'm reading messages (or should I say having them read to me). It's been totally awesome. Don't get me wrong, even using voice activation for everything is still distracting in the car so use this with care. Also, if you are like me, you think of so many "to do" things while driving. Now, I use Siri to create reminders so when I get to the office, I'm notified of the things I need to take care of.

What a huge upgrade in capability compared to other smartphones. I believe this technology will soon become table-stakes in all future devices.

If you haven't played with it, I highly recommend you do so. Initially, with my kids we just used it for fun, asking it tough questions to see what kind of response we would get. After getting past the novelty though, you will easily see how useful this technology can be.

Enjoy!

Doubleklm

2. cambrosio

cambrosio Member
    Bronze

I completely spaced on the fact that you can have it read your messages to you :)

3. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Actually it's just catching up with the capabilities of many other smartphones.

But yes, some of the features are handy in a phone. Voice to text was a feature I was super happy to finally see come to the iPhone after using it on Android.

4. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Only the most recent, unread message.