Sirius DIRECTLY to your iPhone!

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Do you have to pay a monthly subscription fee?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Do you have to pay a monthly subscription fee?
Not for internet streaming (unless you want a higher quality). I stream Sirius to my desktop and send out to AppleTV and Airport Express units.

I've also had Sirius on Windows Mobile phones. Looking forward to StarPlayr on the iPhone.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I put it on my iPhone and it told me log in error. Do I need to go to the website first?

marc8773

Aug 9, 2007
I put it on my iPhone and it told me log in error. Do I need to go to the website first?
Two things I would try.

1) Reboot the phone.

AND/OR

2) Launch another internet application, like your email for example. Once its launched, go back to uSirius and it should work.

Let me know if it worked!

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007

marc8773

Aug 9, 2007
The crashes are not harming the iPhone. All that happens is the application itself OCCASIONALLY MAY crash. That simply means it closes and needs to be restarted. Its your call but it works a.o.k for me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gmtkyfcs

Jun 18, 2008
How do you stream to Apple TV and the Express units?

Not for internet streaming (unless you want a higher quality). I stream Sirius to my desktop and send out to AppleTV and Airport Express units.

I've also had Sirius on Windows Mobile phones. Looking forward to StarPlayr on the iPhone.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I use a program called AirFoil by Rogue Ameoba. It allows me to send audio to Airport Express units and the Apple TV. Setup an Airport express unit and run the auxiliary cable to audio device/radio of your choice. From the computer, you can send to multiple devices, but I haven't tried that yet. I turn on StarPlayr and use AirFoil to send it to the Airport Express. That is wired to a Tivoli radio.

I liked the idea of having the ability to send Sirius anywhere in the house or outside. The portability of the solution (airport express/tivoli/airfoil) I thought would be better than a hard-wired Sirius receiver.

Of course, I can send my iTunes playlists also. The only downside is that you need to switch stations from your computer/laptop. On the flip side, no additional Sirius fees, no extra Sirius receivers, no hard wired antenna or antenna related issues, it's completely expandable and it's portable.

I'm loving it.

-Chris

B-Rad

Jan 5, 2008
Brownsville, TX
I am having problems logging in as well, I tried the suggestions given earlier in this thread but I am still getting the log in error. Any other ideas, I would love to use this app.

jsm174

Aug 3, 2007
I am having problems logging in as well, I tried the suggestions given earlier in this thread but I am still getting the log in error. Any other ideas, I would love to use this app.
Are you able to login via the web? Are you a Canadian subscriber? You can try putting in a dummy user and pass. Click < Channels. When the login fails, put the correct credentials in, and click < Channels.

Usernames and Passwords are case sensitive.

-- Jason