Site Admin Returns Home Finally

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Got to my local Apple Store at 10:30. Left said Apple Store at 7:50. Completely ridiculous

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ouch! That's the longest I've heard yet. What were you doing all that time? Waiting for activation?

- John

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
So did you get a phone? How crazy.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The line just never moved. Despite my late arrival, I wasn't that far back from iDay 1. The process, which I've been following all day here on EIC, is just out of control. They continued to blame AT&T, but me thinks lots had to do with iTunes activation. That being an Apple problem.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
All news media all day as well as At&t themselves have been blaming Apple/iTunes.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
So does that mean you did get a phone?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yes, I was able to get (2) iPhones. Both 16GB -- one white and one black. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't. We were stuck in a loading area. Better than the blazing sun, but pretty much a miserable place to spend 8 hours or so.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
How awful, but I'm glad you got your phones.:)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang that's rough. I suppose I really lucked out at the AT&T store I went to. I had to wait a little bit longer prior to opening but I was out by 8:15. I know that at about 3 PM there were still about 200 people in line at Apple in Tampa, half of them outside, when it started to POUR down rain.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Was it worth the 8 hour wait? ;)

I went yesterday; sold out. Today the line was so long I decided to wait until next week. I'm a wimp.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly

I went yesterday; sold out. Today the line was so long I decided to wait until next week. I'm a wimp.
Aw, that sucks buffy... I bet your Dad is chompin' at the bit by now.

And yeah, chris, that sounds like a completely miserable experience. Everyone's stories seem so much more laborious this time around...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

If I didn't run an iPhone site, I probably would have bailed early. Most of my time was spent in hot, steamy delivery corridor that isn't normally open to the public. They moved us there to keep everyone from getting torched from the sun. We went from worse to bad.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Glad to hear you at least got the phone. How do you like it?
Honestly, I had some Panera bread and then went to sleep. Been using it a bit this morning, but haven't formed an opinion yet based on usage. I do like the tapered edges and the shiny black back. I'm doing everything I can to avoid scratches before my Invisible Shield shows up. In fact, I just ordered a back skin for BestSkinsEver. If that works out, then I'll cancel my shield. I really would like to keep this scratch free. My first iPhone took a tumble 1 day after I got it. I'm reminded daily of that mishap. It was in a Foofpod case and slipped out onto concrete. Could have been worse, but I still feel the pain of that drop.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Honestly, I had some Panera bread and then went to sleep. Been using it a bit this morning, but haven't formed an opinion yet based on usage. I do like the tapered edges and the shiny black back. I'm doing everything I can to avoid scratches before my Invisible Shield shows up. In fact, I just ordered a back skin for BestSkinsEver. If that works out, then I'll cancel my shield. I really would like to keep this scratch free. My first iPhone took a tumble 1 day after I got it. I'm reminded daily of that mishap. It was in a Foofpod case and slipped out onto concrete. Could have been worse, but I still feel the pain of that drop.
I am also looking round for best protection option until / instead of InvisibleShield - as I got an email from them last night saying mine will ship July 25th (long time) - bought a nice Belkin case at Apple store last night that I like a lot, but it does not protect the front / cover - it's just a back cover one ...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Why not get a crystal screen shield? They're pretty good protection.

S

Starry

but haven't formed an opinion yet based on usage. I do like the tapered edges and the shiny black back.
I'm with you Chris... I played with mine all the way back home from Dallas thursday night while my son had to drive LOL but I think I was "happier" when I got V1 rather than this time around... I'm not sure why either.. I have mixed emotions about it... I've not had any of the problems that others have guess I'm fortunate.. I like the design and the edges as well.. it looks neater to me.. *shrug* LOL.... And Chris bet your happy all the folks you got coming on here... :)

I am IMPRESSED! LOL