Size Comparison of New iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by topcat84, Sep 10, 2014.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys! I can't decide between the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and was thinking about visiting AT&T this morning to get an idea of how the two feel in my hand. Can someone tell me the brand and models of phones that would give me some idea of the size of the new iPhones? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

#1 topcat84, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

well I would think the employees at AT&T know all about that

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There aren't any phones out there with the exact dimensions. Have you considered looking up the dimensions and make a couple cardboard cutouts?

4. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Yes, you would think so, but I remember going in a couple of months ago when the rumors of a 4.7 and 5.5 were being talked about and they didn't have a clue. Thanks though.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

that is what I did to show my husband (he is not home) . He also goes with the 6 . He likes to carry his phone in his pocket and the Plus would be to big. I guess ladies have pocketbooks and purses to store away our phones?

6. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks, Europa. That might be my best option. I usually carry my phone in my jeans pocket with an Otterbox Defender and the iPhone 6+ just seems like it might be too big, but I didn't want to regrett my decision after pre-ordering. Cheers!!

7. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

8. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

[​IMG]
    I have the LG G3 and that was my limit for overall size. I just sold the OnePlus One, it was already to big!
    I am happy to get the 6! All I need is there and still fits in the back pocket of my jeans.

10. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks, I mutter!! Very helpful!! Cheers!!

11. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

Screen size from left to right : 5.5, 5.7, 5.5, 5.5, 4.7 inches.

12. kenwolf

kenwolf New Member

I too am having a hard time making the decision. I did the cut out, the 6+ is like an extended index card! and the 6 is like the Mophie battery pack, but I keep going back an forth. Input would be helpful my wife has a Samsung 3, but I quests the only solution is not to pre order.

13. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The cutouts are a useful tool, but not a replacement for holding one in your hand. How you can grip it, what's the range of your thumb? How does it feel to hold it up, as a phone.

If you do pre-order, you have 14 days to return your iPhone. I think a lot of people will be returning – either because they want an even bigger phone or the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 was simply too much phone.

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

As I've said, I want the latest and the greatest. But my friend is still not sure about the size. The greatest is the 5.5! Ugh! :p

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just made a cardboard cutout. The shaded in portion of the screen is the area that I can't reach single-handed. I think I'll be using 'Reachability' a lot.
    IMG_2244.jpg

16. iphone1027

iphone1027 Member
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1410401652.064021.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1410401668.560784.jpg

So I went to target and did a comparison with the Moto X and the iPhone 6 (cut out). Hope these pictures help.

I also compared the 6Plus to the galaxy note 3 and the iPhone 6 plus is slightly taller than the note 3. The width is virtually the same. Keep in mind, by specs, the iPhone 6 plus is thinner than the note 3 which may make a difference.

Anyhow, for people who are on the fence to which size they should get, I suggest going to a store with the "cut out" and compare phones.

#16 iphone1027, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  17. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

Wow...this makes me think the 6/6+ will be too big for me to use as a phone. I would feel like I am holding my mini to my ear when talking. Or I will need to make sure I always have my Bluetooth. I can see myself answering a call from work @ 2am & knocking myself out with it. It is supposed to weigh less than the 5s right?

Btw thanks for the pics.....

Sent using iCafe app

18. iphone1027

iphone1027 Member
    Bronze

Actually the 5s weighs 112 g while the iPhone 6 weighs 129 g and the plus weighs 172 g.

19. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Bored or slow day at work? ;)

20. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

My 5S with case in a 6 Plus case

Attached Files: