Sketches/Finger/Stylus

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I just looked at a post that was discussing "finger scanner". It was a post for recognizing fingerprints for security.
It got me thinking about the Sketches app.

I know that the iPhone will not recognize stylus input to the touchscreen, only finger input. I presume that somehow it recognizes heat signatures (maybe I'm wrong, I hadn't given it much thought).

I find that the Sketches app is not particularly sensitive when I try to make quick notes and no matter how carefuly I try to write, it still looks like I was writing while I was driving on railroad tracks.

Then I thought, if the iPhone had a stylus, it would be significantly faster to type.

Is there an adventurous programmar out there that could create an app to allow the touch screen to accept a precision stylus input?

Just curious

Dana

P.S. And, as always, if this is a repost of a previously discussed topic, I apologize.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just looked at a post that was discussing "finger scanner". It was a post for recognizing fingerprints for security.

I know that the iPhone will not recognize stylus input to the touchscreen, only finger input. I presume that somehow it recognizes heat signatures (maybe I'm wrong, I hadn't given it much thought).

I find that the Sketches app is not particularly sensitive when I try to make quick notes and no matter how carefuly I try to write, it still looks like I was writing while I was driving on railroad tracks.

Then I thought, if the iPhone had a stylus, it would be significantly faster to type.

Is there an adventurous programmar out there that could create an app to allow the touch screen to accept a precision stylus input?

Just curious

Dana

P.S. And, as always, if this is a repost of a previously discussed topic, I apologize.

Saw it...we Sliced it...TinMan Diced it..:)

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Saw it...we Sliced it...TinMan Diced it..:)
Thanks KNK.

Others:
Please don't yell at me, I know there is a search button.
I'll MAKE time to search the next time.

Penitentally Yours,
Dana

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Did he dice it in a post other than "Finger Scanner"?
Might you direct me there?

Dana

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Did he dice it in a post other than "Finger Scanner"?
Might you direct me there?

Dana
I would never yell at you. He responded as others on your other post that was the same here. Love You...:)

KyDuckman

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Don't know if this is what you are talking about, but what would be cool is if the finger scanner had to read your finger print to unlock your lock box or was a password of such.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta

Just curious

Dana

There are styluses available for the iPhone. Just google "iPhone Stylus". I do not think a software modification will help this, as it is hardware controlled.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007

Just curious

Dana

the sceen has an electric grid on it. your fingers conduct electricty and when you touch the screen you break hte electric field and the iPhone knows where the grid has been broken. there is an iPhone stylus i think it has a felt tip and you can also buy iPhone gloves so you don't need take off you gloves to use the phone.