SkrewCommon 1.35

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Anyone have any luck upgrading SkrewCommon to 1.35?

I keep getting "Package Download Failed!". I have reset network settings, tried it on WiFi & Edge, cleared the queue, and rebooted for the last two days and no luck.

I'm hoping that this will solve some of the vWallpapers 0.9 freezing issues i'm having. It worked fine with 0.8. 0.9 seems to freeze once and a great while. Putting phone to sleep and waking up usually fixes it, but it's annoying.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Yeah, tried everything listed above. Still a no-go :(

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Does anyone have any other repos for SkrewCommon 1.35. It is not showing up under Skrew's repo. It is showing as an upgrade under repo.sc but I get "Package Download Failed" every time.

Any other repos for SkrewCommon 1.35?

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
?

How else would you run vWallpapers then? vWallpapers has come a long way from the beginning. 0.8 ran flawless. 0.9 freezes once in awhile. I'm hoping the new code in SkrewCommon 1.35 will help with this. Or i'll be rolling back vWallpapers to 0.8.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
How else would you run vWallpapers then?
exactly.. you wouldn't, but that's just my opinion.

If you can't get SkrewCommon right from the horses mouth it only reinforces my belief that the production and delivery of their products is less than stellar.

You SHOULD be able to get from here: http://i.danstaface.net

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007

Yeah, that's way I'm in a fever trying to get vWallpaper back to how well 0.8 ran. 0.8 ran perfect...never froze or anything...no problems at all.

Anyway...I Google'd "SkrewCommon Beta Repo" and got lucky. Actually Skrew Admin posted the repo in a forum on their website.

http://i.danstaface.net/site/uieforum?c=showthread&ThreadID=81

I loaded the repo:
betarepo.danstaface.net

The newest is SkrewCommon version is 1.36. Apparently 1.35 & 1.36 are still BETAs and not available via regular repo.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007

Version 1.36 has fixed all freezing issues with vWallpapers 0.9 for me running 1.1.4. I have been opening and closing Apps at a rapid pace and have had zero freezing issues. The only thing that does happen is that the video isn't there after you restart springboard (just a black background behind icons). All you have to do to get the video back to normal is just put the phone to sleep and wake it up and it runs fine after that.

So after you restart springboard you just have to put your iPhone/Touch to sleep and wake it up to fix the problem. Other than that everything is nice and smooth with vWallpapers 0.9 running with SkrewCommon 1.36.

ekidd

May 31, 2008
I tested out skrewcommon 1.36 and it worked fine until i tried changing my vwallpaper. Then it kicked my phone into recovery mode. Now i have to freaking restore and put ALL of my apps and mods back on :[. boooooooo

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
SkrewCommon 1.36

I tested out skrewcommon 1.36 and it worked fine until i tried changing my vwallpaper. Then it kicked my phone into recovery mode. Now i have to freaking restore and put ALL of my apps and mods back on :[. boooooooo
Sorry to hear that but I'm not experiencing any problems with switching videos, freezing or anything like that.