Skullcandy Headphones

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I got some of the mid priced ones for my birthday. I like them just fine, they sound good, and they are comfortable. The only thing lacking is the clicky thing to answer your calls and control your ipod.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have read some nice reviews around the web for these headphones - but I have never tried a pair!

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
try the JVC line of headphones, they have colors to match all of the Ipods and iPhones. Yes I work for them.

Gummy
Gummy air
Marshmallow
Air Cushion (i use this one)
from the least expensive to the most expensive in order

then the top of the line the HAFX300

we simple have the best

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you are looking for a decent pair of iPhone headphones, then I suggest either the UB5's from Ultimate Buds, or the Maximo iP-HS2 headphones ( look on Amazon.) both are moderately priced around $50 or so.

I hear mixed reviews about the Skull Candy headphones. Some swear by them and others curse the day they bought them.

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
I have been using the skull candy ink'd buds modded to my Apple earphone wires for about 8 months now.
I am very happy with the sound quality of the skull candy buds..... they only cost me about $12.
I have bought several sets of earbuds since the skull candy ones, including the ultimate buds, but none compare to the skull candy buds.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
If you're looking for a good pair of the inner-ear "canal" phone variety, Etymotics makes some excellent ones, particularly the ER6i Isolators. For non-canal ear buds, the Bose in-ear headphones are good. They're more like traditional earbuds and don't go all the way in your ears. Both can be had for about $100.

epik89

Mar 22, 2008
sound quality for the price is great

go out and get a pair if youre on a budget they def sound good or even better then the iPhone/ipod ones

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I have read that some ear buds require a break in period before their sound quality is maximized. Is this true and could this be the case with the skullcandy buds?

epik89

Mar 22, 2008
yeah mine had to be breaked in for awhile until it fully sounded to its full potential
i just turned on my ipod with the headphones on high volume and left it on for the whole day pretty much did the job

Dec 8, 2008
Huntsville, Alabama
I actually had a pair of Skullcandy's around a year ago. I bought them for around $30 and noticed that the sound quality wasn't that great. Then around 2 months after having them, the sound out of one of the headphones completely stopped working. Needless to say I really haven't felt like getting another pair.

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
I have a pair of FMJ's. I picked them up at a close out for $30. They are good for a cheap pair of headphones. Definitely an upgrade from the stock Apple ones. They do seem to get mixed reviews. I've heard good things about the JVC Marshmallows. I've also heard good things about the Sennheiser CX series, $50-80 (which I plan to purchase eventually).

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
If you are looking for a decent pair of iPhone headphones, then I suggest either the UB5's from Ultimate Buds, or the Maximo iP-HS2 headphones ( look on Amazon.) both are moderately priced around $50 or so.

I hear mixed reviews about the Skull Candy headphones. Some swear by them and others curse the day they bought them.
i have the Maximo's and i absolutely love them, do an initial burn in for like 4 hours at 80 percent volume and youll be good to go.