Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds work with iPhone, no mod needed

natalie

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
Louisiana
www.myspace.com
I just wanted to let yall guys know the Ink'd headphones from skullcandy work with iPhone. They fit with no mods made to them, and they even have a built in mic.

I bought a pair along with an adapter to use with my phone, and when i opened up the earbuds, i saw there was no need for the adapter, i was pretty pumped...

so for those of you not wanting to spend a lot on earbuds.. they are the best way to go

mb190e

Bronze
Dec 3, 2007
where did you get them?

Scott

Aug 28, 2007
is the quality worth the price? and where'd you purchase them?

im going to check amazon brb

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The reviews I read that said they were good all said that they were good for a $10-15 set of headphones. I have not tried them but I suspect when compared to the V-Moda or Bose you would hear a drastic difference in sound quality. But if you cannot afford a $130 set of headphones these are definitely a good choice for a replacement for the Apple uncomfortable ones that come with the phone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I went to Cnet, and several other sites to get reviews on the Skullcandy FMJ's (Full Metal Jackets) Trying to get one specifically about the iPhone FMJ's but FMJ's regardless.
I also read reviews on the V-Moda Vibe/Vibe Duo and 2 on the BOSE earbuds (could only find one kind, but wasn't really looking)
Of all the reviews I read and all the users ratings/comments I have seen, The Skullcandy FMJ's are the absolute best bang for the buck.
I have read roughly 15-20 reviews on these, and so far only 1 bad review stating that they were too bassy and overpowering.
Now of the V-Moda reviews, I have to say that better than 25% of those reviews complained of the same thing.
Please do not take my word for it though. Do your own research on it and you will see I'm right.
Someone on here mentioned that Skullcandy's were more about fashion and not sound... While I can easily see that someone that glanced at their website and came to that conclusion, if they had done just a little more research, they would have found that their popularity is not based on their fashion sense. They make headphones.That's pretty much it (with the exception of a couple trinkets) so they had better know what they are doing if this is the market they want to compete in, and I would say that going by what I have read from those that own them, and by who are endorsing them, they are definitely worth it.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
I have these earbuds, and I love them, although my only complaint is that they have this effect where whenever something touches the cord, it is amplified all the way up to my ear. It is similar o the sounds that happen when wearing a stethoscope. Also, I have found that these buds DO NOT actually fit into the iPhone headphone jack. Hope this helped.

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I went to Cnet, and several other sites to get reviews on the Skullcandy FMJ's (Full Metal Jackets) Trying to get one specifically about the iPhone FMJ's but FMJ's regardless.
I also read reviews on the V-Moda Vibe/Vibe Duo and 2 on the BOSE earbuds (could only find one kind, but wasn't really looking)
Of all the reviews I read and all the users ratings/comments I have seen, The Skullcandy FMJ's are the absolute best bang for the buck.
I have read roughly 15-20 reviews on these, and so far only 1 bad review stating that they were too bassy and overpowering.
Now of the V-Moda reviews, I have to say that better than 25% of those reviews complained of the same thing.
Please do not take my word for it though. Do your own research on it and you will see I'm right.
Someone on here mentioned that Skullcandy's were more about fashion and not sound... While I can easily see that someone that glanced at their website and came to that conclusion, if they had done just a little more research, they would have found that their popularity is not based on their fashion sense. They make headphones.That's pretty much it (with the exception of a couple trinkets) so they had better know what they are doing if this is the market they want to compete in, and I would say that going by what I have read from those that own them, and by who are endorsing them, they are definitely worth it.
Sorry bro. I didn't come to that decision just by glancing at their website. Ive seen them from day one using the newly found snowboard media hype to market a fashionable item for snowboarding. They spend wayyy more money on advertising the product development. Just like Grenade gloves, they soley focus on making a trendy item.

Go to headfi.org and search skullcandy and you'll see the same review from actual audiophiles.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
link to the headphones that the OP is talking about?

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
I have the "skull candy ink'd" and like them. They don't fit without trimming the plastic. They don't have a clicker, but there are some new ones out that do.

They are MUCH better than the Apple ones.
and only $15

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
thanks griff.. oh ok i was under the impression that skulcandy had iPhone [with the clicker] earbuds for 15 bucks.... ok i get it now.. they just fit the jack that is alll... nice...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Man, these look so bad ass, I love the little skull designs and the whole design "full metal jacket". Unless there is something better when I get my phone i'm definitely looking at these!:cool:

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
Mic?

I have another type of skullcandy buds..
and i got my friend ink'd ones..
but they do not fit into the phone like normal..
and i don't remember them having a mic.

also, these are SUPERB earbuds..
just don't plan on using them when going on a jog..
youll just hear the chord rubbing againt you

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
okay the mic i can believe.. i just didn't really look.
but it fits?
hmm.
maybe it was just the one i had?