skullcandy still processing?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
on 1/23, i put in an order for the skull candy earphones, but when i look in the account, they are still listed as in still processing. when i ordered them, i even put it under overnight delivery! what gives? :(

has anyone else experienced anything like this with them?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
on 1/23, i put in an order for the skull candy earphones, but when i look in the account, they are still listed as in still processing. when i ordered them, i even put it under overnight delivery! what gives? :(

I'd give them a call and see what the hold up is. Be nice about it, but explain that you paid for overnight delivery, and that you were under the impression that the product was in stock.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I'd give them a call and see what the hold up is. Be nice about it, but explain that you paid for overnight delivery, and that you were under the impression that the product was in stock.
i cant find their phone number on their website, does anyone know where to reach them at?

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC

if you are ordering the FMJ's for the iPhone, I believe they are out of stock until March. I just bought the vibe duo Nero's and they are great. They have the mic and the ability to pause music and switch tracks.

-S

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I just bought the vibe duo Nero's and they are great. They have the mic and the ability to pause music and switch tracks.

-S
i was at the Apple store last night and i was about to buy these, but i changed my mind at the vey last second.

man! i wish i could try them out before i buy them to see how they sound, thats what really makes me mad...

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
i was at the Apple store last night and i was about to buy these, but i changed my mind at the vey last second.

man! i wish i could try them out before i buy them to see how they sound, thats what really makes me mad...
I read all the reviews before I purchased them and I am not disappointed. I am not an audiophile, but they sound much better than the stock headphones. If you get the Vibe-Duo, make sure you get the "Nero" model as this model has both the microphone and the ability to pause and switch songs.....

~S

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
If you get the Vibe-Duo, make sure you get the "Nero" model as this model has both the microphone and the ability to pause and switch songs.....

~S
yeah, i know, i noticed that when i was there, but i liked the all black ones better. too bad those didn't have the microphone. :(

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I read all the reviews before I purchased them and I am not disappointed. I am not an audiophile, but they sound much better than the stock headphones. If you get the Vibe-Duo, make sure you get the "Nero" model as this model has both the microphone and the ability to pause and switch songs.....

~S
as much as i LOVE the vibe duos ive gone through two pairs already since october and they tend to only last a couple months at a time... as anyone would do with 100 dollar headphones, i take a lot of care in these headphones i put tyhem in the case when im not using them and yet they still short out in one ear after only a couple months use. ive read the reviews on the Apple store and even those people's vibe dues last a couple months. and when i got them replaced through warranty it took like 3 weeks to do. and now i sent them an email telling them about my new ones going bad.
i really love how these headphones sound and have gotten used to them fallin out of my ears so easily (maybe my ears are weirdly shaped lol) but for 100 dollars i would expect them to last longer. the reason i brought them was because i was tired of the regular ipod headphones always going out after about 6 months of use. if the new ones they send me don't last much longer then my last two pairs then im going to purchase the skullcandy FMJ 11mm ones because ive heard nothing but good things about them.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
as much as i LOVE the vibe duos ive gone through two pairs already since october and they tend to only last a couple months at a time... as anyone would do with 100 dollar headphones, i take a lot of care in these headphones i put tyhem in the case when im not using them and yet they still short out in one ear after only a couple months use. ive read the reviews on the Apple store and even those people's vibe dues last a couple months. and when i got them replaced through warranty it took like 3 weeks to do. and now i sent them an email telling them about my new ones going bad.
i really love how these headphones sound and have gotten used to them fallin out of my ears so easily (maybe my ears are weirdly shaped lol) but for 100 dollars i would expect them to last longer. the reason i brought them was because i was tired of the regular ipod headphones always going out after about 6 months of use. if the new ones they send me don't last much longer then my last two pairs then im going to purchase the skullcandy FMJ 11mm ones because ive heard nothing but good things about them.

Wow.. I did not think they went out that fast....I'll have to keep an eye on mine. Thanks for the information.

~S

gphone

Sep 13, 2007
ok, thanks. ill call it and see if i can get anything done about this....
I've been hanging out on these forums since iDay and thought this would be a good thread to jump in on.

I ordered the SkullCandy FMJs on Jan 16. Their site said ships in 24 hours. I selected 2 day shipping.

They promptly billed me the full order amount on Jan 17.

After about 2-weeks I sent 3-4 emails. No response.

About a week later, I called and was told "they would be here today."

About another week later, I called and was told "that batch was all wrong and the new ones should be here the first few weeks in March."

I told them to go ahead and cancel my order and refund my card since they already billed it day 1.

These headphones seemed really cool, but I'll wait now and see how they are once "some right ones" really start shipping.

g:(

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
For those looking for another alternative to the Skullcandy iPhone FMJ's or the V-Moda Vibe Duo's, you might want to check these out:
Maximo iP-HS2 iMetal Isolation Headset for iPhone. I found these on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Maximo-iP-HS2...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203636830&sr=8-1

I read several reviews before deciding on these, and this one was the most thorough, but all basically said the same thing.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/maximo-ip-hs2-imetal-isolation-headset-for-iphone/
These are best for a well-rounded sound, without a lot of heavy bass, and well... read the review for all the little extras.

Here's the kicker. The initial price says 61.19, but they some are actually down to 53.13. IF you want to sign up for a Amazon Visa, they take an additional 30 bucks off, so I paid 23.13 before the shipping. Not too shabby.
http://www.maximoproducts.com/iPhone/iP-HS2.html

I'll post a review as soon as I get them in. 3-5 businesss days, so probably wednesday or thursday next week.

Last edited by a moderator: