Sky+ App now available - Official!

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
don't know if you know this, but an official Sky+ app has been launched (here in the Uk at least).

It lets you see a full Sky programme guide and remote record with 1 button. I know there are some other apps out there that do this, but this is official and FREE!

Seems to work great so far with iPhone 3g 3.0 Beta 2.

On a sidenote, does the US have Sky+?

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Thanks for the heads up.

It's pretty poor though. TV Plus and Tioti TV+ do a much better job, though they're not free.

Sky have let themselves down badly with this.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i've just seen this on the app store.. and even though- 'Sky have let themselves down badly with this'

I think after they polish it off a little this app could become brilliant. It works and it's very very handy!

I wouldn't just dismiss this straigt away, besides the fact it's free i couldn't do anything but smile.

Well impressed!

Good Find Croucher

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
No probs, i thought the same, no landscape etc but i think this is FREE and its a good 1st release. i think that after an update landscape will be added and it will be quite complete. It has full sky tv listings and records from 1 button, what more could you want? maybe series link ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i'm just shocked something like this exists. An app so simple + it works great... i'm 100 miles from my home address and i set it to record and it did! (quite sad i know but i had to test it lol)

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
hahahaha iPhonewarrior, i was sat infront of my tv with the remote on my knee and recorded through my iPhone to test it....im such a geek haha

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
It is marvellous alright, it's just a sub par implementation compared to the non-official apps that do the same (and more) better.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
It is marvellous alright, it's just a sub par implementation compared to the non-official apps that do the same (and more) better.
but it is free.... ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Sky is a satilite television provider in the UK. I have it, I have the plus version which this topic refers to. You get loads of channels and you have the ability to pause live tv. Rewind live tv (only 5mins), record live tv. It's very good, I am also in the process of getting "sky+ HD" it's a Tad exspensive, but will be worth it in the long run!

Hope this helps,

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
i disagree - sorry iPhone warrior - but it is not worth it...but were gadget freaks and cant help ourselves! haha

no, in all seriousness, it is worth it, i believe in the US its similar to a product called tivo? Although, Sky actually provide channels, where as i believe tivo just acts as a recorder because the US cable providers show all channels?

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
to be perfectly honest, i wouldn't know. They're just a TV provider, but they are massive company.
That's what i meant, they are YOUR(UK) equivalent of our Big TV providers . I remember the first time i went to the UK in 1980 and you had 4 channels :)

Rozae

Apr 10, 2009
UK
That's what i meant, they are YOUR(UK) equivalent of our Big TV providers . I remember the first time i went to the UK in 1980 and you had 4 channels :)
Back in the day lol! :laugh2:

Now we have thousands of craptacular ones and like 20 decent ones :mad: