SkyBell Doorbell

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by chris, Jan 16, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

SkyBell, the official app for the soon-to-be shipped smart doorbell is available in the App Store. As annoyed as I am with the delays, it's not fair that backers are killing them with poor reviews. Wait until you get your product and if you're not happy, have at it. Otherwise, there are other avenues where you can complain.

The SkyBell is a video doorbell with a 2-way intercom. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The reviews in the App Store should only be for the app itself, and not the product or service. The app looks ok. They should review the product at Amazon or wherever, when they ever get it.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Trouble is that many paid months ago. This was a crowd funded project on Indiegogo. The manufacturers have been sending a steady stream of 'updates' that have been nothing more than reasons for the delay. Some are apparently product improvements, which would be great. No sense rushing out a product to meet deadlines that ultimately results in unhappy customers.

Having seen the app running in one of their recent updates, I have my concerns, but will wait until it's installed to judge. Their primary competitor, DoorBot, is also not shipping. Some have received it early and the YouTube reviews have been scathing. The product itself is huge and would look rather awful on the front of my house.

We'll see... only a few days now, I would think. Today is ship day.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I finally received my Skybell. I decided to take a pass on the install and just sell it. I'm not thrilled with the company. They took away some of the excitement I had initially about the product. I think my house is suffering a bit of tech overload. I have a camera already setup which sends a notification email when someone comes to the door. Having the Skybell would have caused a bit of overlap.

That and when I sent an inquiry regarding my order, I received a boilerplate response. Amazon reviews seem mixed, with plenty of poor reviews.

This will give me time to figure out why my Sonos starts playing when I arrive home.

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

yeah, it is really ugly. who has a black/brushed aluminum house? they should have offered a blank white cover you can easily paint to match your house.

#5 acosmichippo, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014