Skyfire

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Any body know anything about this browser for iPhone. Will it work on iPad? Will it work without using the 2x button to blow it up like iPhone apps on iPad?

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Sorry to follow up my own post but I found out as of now it is not yet optimized for iPad. When/if they do bring out an iPad version the browser looks pretty promising. Any browser that can show flash video would be great.

Sep 6, 2010
I used the beta version of SF on my Blackberry Bold, and didn't care very much for it. The final roll out should be better though. And the larger screen on the iPad for viewing web pages will be nicer as well.

Cr4wfish

Bronze
Jul 25, 2010
England
I've just downloaded SkyFire in the UK today and so far it's not playing any flash videos I've tried
I know they work in America on SkyFire any help

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Try a hard reset, then try again. I've used Skyfire a few times tonight, it's worked perfectly.

You need to be patient with it, last I heard they were adding more and more compatible sites per day.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Why? You already have a YouTube.app.

Skyfire was released to view Flash content. What Skyfire does is decode the Flash video and allows you to view it in HTML5.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
I think he wants to watch Catch up TV like Channel 4 shows. I would think that it won't be possible as, just like BBC iPlayer, viewing is only possible if your IP is a UK one... I doubt Skyfire's servers have UK IPs. Tried it before, and there will be no workaround here. I don't think Skyfire would want to get into trouble by making a workaround anyway...