Skyfire

Sep 6, 2010
^ Thanks for posting that screenshot. I am going to download it when I get home. I definitely think it will be better than the Cloud Browse Browser that I sometimes use now to view flash content.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Sep 6, 2010
Not all flash videos work but it is a lot better experience for flash than you'll find anywhere else 4 a iPhone/iPad
Correct. I found this out after I downloaded it. When I went to the PhillyBurb site, and tried to look at a video, it said flash was required to view the video. I really like Skyfire for the iPad, I think they did a very good job with it. Well worth the $4.99 that I paid for it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Loading a page in desktop view is a really good feature. I'm impressed so far.

I know a couple of people have complained that certain sites don't work, but Skyfire are expanding their compatabilty daily.

This app doesn't get enough credit, IMO.

Sep 6, 2010
Loading a page in desktop view is a really good feature. I'm impressed so far.

I know a couple of people have complained that certain sites don't work, but Skyfire are expanding their compatabilty daily.

This app doesn't get enough credit, IMO.
I believe it will get more credit now that they have released the final version of it. It came out awhile ago, but people were having problems with it, so it got pulled. Although I haven't had a chance to test out all of the features within the browser, I like what I see so far.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I believe it will get more credit now that they have released the final version of it. It came out awhile ago, but people were having problems with it, so it got pulled. Although I haven't had a chance to test out all of the features within the browser, I like what I see so far.
The only reason it was pulled was because Skyfire has major issues with their servers when it was initially launched. A large quantity of uses downloaded the app and started using Skyfire straight away. I don't think they truly anticipated the amount of users they would have got. They had to upgrade their servers on a large scale, suppose the profits they made from the release paid for it :)

Sep 6, 2010
The only reason it was pulled was because Skyfire has major issues with their servers when it was initially launched. A large quantity of uses downloaded the app and started using Skyfire straight away. I don't think they truly anticipated the amount of users they would have got. They had to upgrade their servers on a large scale, suppose the profits they made from the release paid for it :)
It looks like they lowered the price of it, on its second time around. I think when it was first released it was $9.99.

smudgeyjoe

Bronze
Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Interestingly enough, I couldn't post on iEverythingCafe tonight using Skyfire. I couldn't get a cursor to show up in my post. I tried to write it elsewhere and paste it in, but when I hit paste, Skyfire closed. I went to the Safari browser, and it worked perfectly. Also, a number of sites that I went to that weren't specifically video sites but had Flash as part of their main page did not work. When I hit the video button, it analyzed and found no video even though I was looking at Flash centrally located on the page. This happened more often for me than it actually worked. Even though I paid for it, I removed it.

Sep 6, 2010
So is it really worth the $4.99 purchase?
Speaking for myself, Skyfire has been worth every penny so far. I've had absolutely no problems at all with it crashing, or otherwise. I have only gone to one site so far that a video wouldn't work due to the flash issue and it wasn't a big deal, as it was a news story that I got to watch on TV later that evening anyway, ymmv.

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
I have had my eye on this app for a while and finally broke down and bought it today. I am happy I did. It seems to work as advertised. I am looking forward to it being my browser of choice as soon as I get all my bookmarks into it. Wish there was an easier way of importing them.... can't have everything.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I use Skyfire on my iPad 2 and iPhone but only in the capactiy of needing to see a flash video. It is a good browser overall and I would love to use it as primary. However I have this problem.

Whenever an application opens a link, it always goes to Safari. Unless I have overlooked something, I don't believe there is a way to make a different browser as the iPads default or primary. Anyone who can tell me otherwise gets a Like!