Skyfire

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
No there isn't a way to change the default browser unless you jail break. I know there is a tweak that allows you to at least make Opera default so I assume there would be one for making any browser a default one. But unfortunately without jail breaking safari is always going to be the default browser.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
If JB, there is Browser Changer, which advertises that you can elect Opera, iCab, Perfect, Atomic, Terra, Skyfire (iPad) & others as your default browser.

jumacaos

Feb 18, 2011
If JB, there is Browser Changer, which advertises that you can elect Opera, iCab, Perfect, Atomic, Terra, Skyfire (iPad) & others as your default browser.
You have to be careful. I tried Browser Changer and broke some features on my iPhone. The major one was that I was not able to use FaceTime from the contacts list.

Sam91

Bronze
Sep 10, 2010
So I love skyfire bc I enjoy watching videos when I'm bored that iPhone won't let me. So that's when I turn to good ol skyfire. well lately skyfire has been a load of crap. I deleted. Redownloaded. Lol it won't let me watch any videos and it plays a 10 second commercial and then says this video needs flash blah blah. Happening to any of you?

Sep 6, 2010
No, not at all. I still use Skyfire for viewing posts or sites that include video content that I would otherwise miss. This eiC post is just one example of a video that can be seen with the Skyfire browser. From the Safari browser all you can see is a blank spot where the video would be.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam91

Bronze
Sep 10, 2010
I thought it was but No it's not with all sites. I tried going to MTV.com, which I've watched on skyfire before and was always successful. But not as of lately

Nur2652

Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
I thought skyfire was to watch and open the sites requiring flash? I bought it and when I paste the link in skyfire it still says that I need to download a flash drive. And of course I can't because Apple won't let us, what the he'll is that about? This is supposed to be the best phone and I can't open up tons of sites. Am I missing something? Thanks.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone Apps and Games section.

Skyfire converts flash video into HTML5 so it's playable on a iOS device. It's not true flash sorry.

Nur2652

Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
Is there something else I should get to better open sites that require flash. And to my original point why is it so difficult, why would Apple make the phone this way? It restricts the web experience no? Does Android also have this problem? Thanks.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I believe Android does support flash on different devices. Apple has never supported flash on any of their devices.

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
I believe Skyfire works on most flash sites but not all. It will prompt you if it can display the flash and then you need to click. I can't completely remember but I know there is another click involved to actually see the content.