Skype and international calls

battscave

Aug 21, 2009
Can anyone tell me if I can make free calls on my iPhone in the USA to Australia with my sister who also has an iPhone?
If I can't make free calls, what would the cost be if this was possible.?
Thanks

jopiej

Bronze
Jun 19, 2009
Planet Earth
Yes, you both need to install skype in your iPhone. login to skype in your phone and you can start to call each other for free.

battscave

Aug 21, 2009
Thank you. I would love to be able to use this !

jopiej

Bronze
Jun 19, 2009
Planet Earth
Yes, I used it all the times. Its the coolest thing to do, IMO. If only we can make Skype call using 3G network instead of only using wifi.

but you still can use 3G network for the call if you jailbreak your phone. as for me, I want to wait till my warranty due date before I start to jailbreak my phone.

Slone

Jul 29, 2009
Jamaica
Yes, I used it all the times. Its the coolest thing to do, IMO. If only we can make Skype call using 3G network instead of only using wifi.

but you still can use 3G network for the call if you jailbreak your phone. as for me, I want to wait till my warranty due date before I start to jailbreak my phone.
You can jailbreak your phone and if you have any problems you can restore it and bring it in. Apple can't tell the difference.

battscave

Aug 21, 2009
Thanks for all that info. I am too scared to jailbreak my iPhone. I will wait along with the millions for the apps to come along...