Skype and Soonr Problem

Gigstylez

Jul 10, 2007
So with more clarity now, international calling is where the advantage is. Thanks for clearing it up. Now this may off topic but how would you compare soonr to vnc on the iPhone? They're both remote applications.

songzunhuang

Jul 18, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
SoonR - it's more than access

SoonR isn't about being able to remote control a remote PC. It's about taking the information and applications on that PC and optimizing them for mobile consumption. Unlike GotoMyPC or VNC, it's not about walking through your directory tree and downloading files. Whose got time to download a 4MB PowerPoint or a 10Megapixel photo down to a phone?

With SoonR, your information is optimized for a mobile device. Have you browsed a directory full of muti-megabyte pictures on your PC from your phone? With SoonR they will be thumbnailed and then you can run through a slide show on your phone. Even using EDGE or some other non 3G connection, it'll be fine. Try the same thing with a PowerPoint, Word, Visio, AutoCad, etc. It'll all work.

Then, set up your most important folders for AnyTime access and shut you computer off. You'll still have access to the stuff. You can then share with groups of friends or co-workers and they can see it optimized for their phones.

If you are an Outlook user, all your contact, caledars, and email is available on your phone. If you have an email with an PowerPoint attachment, you can look through the slides on your phone, even if your phone has no PowerPoint viewer. Furthermore, you'll never have to sync. Whatever you do on your phone will be reflected on Outlook in the desktop.

I could go on for a long time. This is just scratching the surface, but then that's what our website is for! www.soonr.com

The SoonR mobile experience is not trying to replicate the PC screen on the phone and move files back and forth. It's creating an service where your PC or Mac based information is useful on a mobile device....and shareable. OK, I've gone on long enough. Check out our website if you really want to know more.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
It's great to have an actual SoonR person here answering questions. I'm still not able to connect through Skype. I have skype version 2.6.

This is what happens, I make my call from soonr on my iPhone. Skype calls my iPhone, I pickup the call, then skype calls the other phone, the other phone's respondant picks up, then my skype put all the calls on hold. Neither I on my iPhone nor my friend on the other phone hears anything. IF I am at my computer I can take the 3 calls (I am including the bridge or whatever it is) off hold and the call works between the iPhone and the other person's phone.

Is there some setting I'm missing in soonr or skype that can remedy this?

Also, all of my phone number entries in skype show up on soonr but I can't call them. Very peculiar. Thanks for any help.

songzunhuang

Jul 18, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
new Mac agent required

you need the new Mac agent for this to work. The official agent was released last night. If you goto our website, choose to download the agent and reinstall.

The agent isn't forced, so you have to go get it. Please give it a shot and let me know if it solves you problem.

So, how many words per minute do you type on the iPhone?

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
you need the new Mac agent for this to work. The official agent was released last night. If you goto our website, choose to download the agent and reinstall.

The agent isn't forced, so you have to go get it. Please give it a shot and let me know if it solves you problem.

I downloaded the new version and it worked called my parents CA to UK. i could here them very well but they had a hard time understanding me (low Volume) 7minute call cost me 40c plus my ATT minutes thanks SoonR. :)

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007

So, how many words per minute do you type on the iPhone?
Awesome it worked! This is really cool! The only problem I have now is that I see all my contacts on soonr as just their telephone number. Is there any fix for this or is this just a known problem?

I am really stoked about this.

I do just a little over 40 WPM in landscape, I'm garbage in portrait. Someone claimed they can do 50, but honestly, that's hard to believe.