Skype on iPhone, almost there...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
That's definitely too much to be used now, but soon it will be working easily. I can see where it could save some people some money on overage charges as well.

ugotpwned5

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
even when they get skype on the phone you are still going to have to pay for service. I don't think people think about this but you are still going to need to have edge. Unless you stay at a wifi place. This would be great to maybe save some minutes but i just dunno about this. :oops:
True, but we could all bump down to the 450 min plan. And also true that we would probably need to be in a WiFi hotspot, but if you're planning on making a really long call during the day this would work great. Completely unlimited minutes.

lilo

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Skype over EDGE?

even when they get skype on the phone you are still going to have to pay for service. I don't think people think about this but you are still going to need to have edge. Unless you stay at a wifi place. This would be great to maybe save some minutes but i just dunno about this. :oops:
Skype over EDGE has bad quality. It simply makes no sense to buy expensive phone and then suffer so badly. Without 3G, Skype is WiFi only.

Cash

Jul 5, 2007
They're not quite there, but I see a bright future of free calls for us...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,134397-c,iPhone/article.html
I use this and it works very good even over EDGE.I call my friends in Europe for about 4c a min not bad if you ask me.

Few thing you need to know is that your PC+Skype+soonr need to be running and this method calls you phone so you're using credits for Skype dialing your number.There is a 30$ an year unlimited US & Canada calls over Skype ,so that pretty much solves the problem.

PS IF you're looking to save minutes this is NOT going to work.The third party program basically dials your # then dials your skype friend or another # and makes a conference call,so you're still using your phone minutes+Skype credits(if you call a #)