Skype, T-Mobile, Edge data network

sudont

Apr 26, 2009
Hey!
Trying to figure some things out about using Skype. I have a jailbroken, unlocked, 2G iPhone running 2.2.1, and am using T-Mobile with their unlimited internet plan - the Edge, I think it's called. Internet and phone are working fine, now.

So, my questions are: Can I use Skype over T-Mobile's data network? Does it require a hack? If so, what app/package(s) would I need?

I've read that T-Mobile is either blocking, or planning to block Skype in Germany. What's the situation in the U.S.?

Any other pertinent comments or links would be appreciated as well! I'm a complete noob with Skype, so I would love to hear from any T-Mobile customers using Skype on their iPhones.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Hey!
Trying to figure some things out about using Skype. I have a jailbroken, unlocked, 2G iPhone running 2.2.1, and am using T-Mobile with their unlimited internet plan - the Edge, I think it's called. Internet and phone are working fine, now.

So, my questions are: Can I use Skype over T-Mobile's data network? Does it require a hack? If so, what app/package(s) would I need?

I've read that T-Mobile is either blocking, or planning to block Skype in Germany. What's the situation in the U.S.?

Any other pertinent comments or links would be appreciated as well! I'm a complete noob with Skype, so I would love to hear from any T-Mobile customers using Skype on their iPhones.
There's is some app in cydia that tricks the phone into thinking it is on wifi so you can call over edge/3g. I can't remember what it is called but I am sure if you search you will find it. :)

sudont

Apr 26, 2009
Did a Search on Cydia

There's is some app in cydia that tricks the phone into thinking it is on wifi so you can call over edge/3g. I can't remember what it is called but I am sure if you search you will find it. :)
Naturally, I did a search on Cydia, but the only things listed for Skype were an Italian translation, and a sound theme.