Slickwrap shrinkage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by liberated, Dec 30, 2011.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I have the carbon fiber and it's my second one, why is it that they shrink overtime? I placed the carbon fiber perfectly but after a month or so, it shrinks ! Anyone had this issue with the slickwrap?

2. Lloyyd

Lloyyd New Member

I have the same issue. I would say its because of the hot getting backside of the iPhone when you do big things with it. I will write Slickwraps an email, maybe they will change it. If not i will just buy me a new slickwrap. 20$ isn't that much now.. but still sad because its really nice

3. Jarred

Jarred Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah I had the rear Gunmetal wrap on mine shrink. Annoyed me so much over time I ditched it and went back to my Otterbox case for scratch protection instead of the Bookbook

4. Lloyyd

Lloyyd New Member

I wrote Slickwraps an email with that issue.
    They replied quickly and asked for pictures which i send them today.
    I will write here how they react on it.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Personally even if they offered a replacement (unless they fix the issue) I would steer clear.

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

That's total crap! They should replace at no cost or remove their garbage shrinkable defective product from the market!

#6 liberated, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  7. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Great businesss model that drums up repeat businesss on their products. Sell faulty products and then offer a discount to purchase more faulty products, nice ;)

#7 Tattooed Alex, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  8. misspstechtalk

misspstechtalk New Member

I do agree that the slick wraps do shrink on the back, I haven't used the i carbons yet.

9. AppleJacks22

AppleJacks22 New Member

No Problem shrinking after 6 months.. They use 3M material. Always the best customer service.. I would just reach out to them and get a simple replacement. crap Happens.