"Slide to Answer" screen

SoccerSpartan20

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hey everybody, I've noticed in the Apple iPhone commercials when somebody is receiving an incoming call, the screen has the contact's picture on the top right, with your chosen wallpaper in the background... like this image below:

but for me, the contacts picture takes up the entire screen in the middle where the background should be. Why are they different? and how can I switch mine to look like the above image? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'll quote the usual - "this has been answered many times, please search..."

Now - if you assign the picture via iPhone, you get 100% of the screen. If you assign via your computer (address book on a mac) then you get the tiny pic as you posted.

gadget22

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Cleveland,OH
If you edit the picture from the contacts it also takes up the whole screen by trying to crop it or zoom in..

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
If you edit the picture from the contacts it also takes up the whole screen by trying to crop it or zoom in..
To clarify: you mean, you assign it from the computer, but want to edit on the phone, the phone resizes it, correct?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
To clarify: you mean, you assign it from the computer, but want to edit on the phone, the phone resizes it, correct?

You edit the pic in the contacts on the iPhone, you choose your pic from your photos. You can resize and set it. Then when someone calls it is shown full screen portrait mode.

And in your computer, you get a postage stamp size in you outlook (if on PC)

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You edit the pic in the contacts on the iPhone, you choose your pic from your photos. You can resize and set it. Then when someone calls it is shown full screen portrait mode.

And in your computer, you get a postage stamp size in you outlook (if on PC)
right-o. I was just clarifying. :)

2nynbak

Aug 20, 2007
Small pic

right-o. I was just clarifying. :)
I went the the Braintree Ma. Apple store last night with this very question and they told me this was just, "something they did for the commercial" and wasn't really available. Now I know where the real geniuses reside.

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
I went the the Braintree Ma. Apple store last night with this very question and they told me this was just, "something they did for the commercial" and wasn't really available. Now I know where the real geniuses reside.
Now that is funny...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wow. I guess you could say that the Apple store employees can't know everything about every item... They should have iMac geniuses, iPhone geniuses, iPod geniuses, etc...

But if the guy didn't know, why just pull that out of nowhere? :laugh2:

SoccerSpartan20

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
haha now i don't feel so bad for asking such a dumb question if the friggin employees couldn't give the right answer! thanks guys

H

Hayesimus

haha. neat. i didn't ever notice that. Why do you want the small pic anyway? if you don't mind me inquiring. and also... yeah. The employee's answer is something I'd expect from an AT&T employee. Not that of Apple. Tisk Tisk. For shame...

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Wow. I guess you could say that the Apple store employees can't know everything about every item... They should have iMac geniuses, iPhone geniuses, iPod geniuses, etc...

But if the guy didn't know, why just pull that out of nowhere? :laugh2:

I almost didn't buy an iPhone because of the downright wrong answers provided by the first Apple folks I talked to at the store. Only when I found someone who knew what the hell they were talking about did my objections get overcome.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I almost didn't buy an iPhone because of the downright wrong answers provided by the first Apple folks I talked to at the store. Only when I found someone who knew what the hell they were talking about did my objections get overcome.

Or just ask all the Genius's here.

H

Hayesimus

yes the geniuses here are lifesavers.