Slide to unlock animation in iOS 7.1 rocks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sometimes it is the small things that can make a person happy. I'm absolutely loving the new 'Slide to Unlock' animation that rolled out with iOS 7.1. Also makes sense from a UI perspective and new users. The pulsating left to right animation is a visual cue on where to swipe. Not everyone is a pro with smartphones. These are small, but significant for people who pick up an iPhone for the first time.

For the rest of us, I think it's cool and that counts for something, am I right?:laugh2:

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Apple is definitely a pro at the small details. I do like how "slide to unlock" illuminates a lot more. The slim fonts sometimes made it seem hard to see things but they did a lot to remedy things w/the new update.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
I like the black text under the dock icons and under the icons within folders. I think it's because I have grey backgrounds.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Definitely smoother and faster (iPhone 5s). I like the interface tweaks but there is nothing ground-breaking here. Just a little style upgrade, but I'm liking it!

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Cool! But what I'd REALLY like is to be able to fade the dock are background completely. I believe that's only an option on jailbroken phones though.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Cool! But what I'd REALLY like is to be able to fade the dock are background completely. I believe that's only an option on jailbroken phones though.
Me too! I'm not sure why they color the dock area. I don't see that it serves any purpose. All iPhone users know the bottom row is the dock.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I didn't notice anything all that great with the Slide To Unlock feature with a black background. It was brighter. But when I changed to a gray colored background, I went, "Whoa!". Very cool!