Slide to Unlock text off center

BrigetteA

May 7, 2009
I'm trying to hide the slider arrow image and frame, and only show the "slide to unlock" text. I use clear lockscreen in winterboard which hides the slider image and frame. However my "slide" text shows off to the right.

I've searched around but haven't found a result. Any ideas?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm confused. The first sentence says you want the text but third implies you don't.

So you want to hide the slider box, slider arrow, and slider text, so nothing is visible right?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I know there are invisible slide to unlock and invisible tap to unlock themes in Cydia. I found "clear lockscreen" but didn't find the invisible ones because I don't have all the sources installed in Cydia anymore. If you want all sources installed, first install "stefwiz repo", and then "all sources". This will completly open up Cydia for you, the downside is that it takes a little longer to load.

Otherwise, you'll have to edit the springboard string with SSH. That will allow you to change the text to whatever you want or simply remove it. You'll want to change it from, "slide to unlock", to "". Here's the directions, http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/3190-changing-slide-unlock-text.html

Hope this helps, the question was a little ambiguous. Clarify your question if this wasn't what you were looking for.

BrigetteA

May 7, 2009
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I'm trying to hide the slider arrow image and frame, and only have the "slide to unlock" text visible. I use clear lockscreen in winterboard which hides the slider image and frame.

I found how to change the text to show my name. However, now the text is off to the right side of the screen with half the text cut off.

I need to know how to make my "slider" text return to the center of the lockscreen.

thanks! :)

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Maybe after you enter the text out some spaces after it to center it?