Slider case that doesn't scratch?

bigcanoe

Jan 18, 2009
Is there an iPhone 3G slider type clase (incase, innocase, griffin, etc) that doesn't scratch the back of the phone, or the chrome?

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
since when does the incase slider scratch?

bigcanoe

Jan 18, 2009
Its actually the only one I have never read about scratching an iPhone!

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Seidio Innocase II. No scratches.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I've gotten some scratches on the back of my phone fromthe Incase slider case, but that was because i did not clean the inside of the case before putting it on the phone. I saw an Youtube reviewer who suggested always clean the phone and the inside of the slider case before putting it on your phone. I do it every time now. Sometimes its hard, but i try to make a habit.

Those little pieces of dirt can cause damage. Once igot some salt in there somehow and when i took it off and slid it back on it made a deep scratch up the middle of the Apple and i could feel it. That was the phone that got fried so it went back anyway.
That sucked!

I am more careful now.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
i had a slider case on my V1 before i got the 3G, and that got scratched really bad. nice long, deep, grooves. my gf had a slider on her 3G, and that got long, light, scratches from it as well.

Jan 14, 2009
Tacoma, WA, USA
I curious as to why anyone would need to put the phone in and out of the case enough to even cause scratching? You buy the case, put it on, and leave it on. It's not like we are swapping out batteries or anything. My case went on my 8gb phone, and then came off to go on my 16gb phone when I upgraded. Been on since then.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I curious as to why anyone would need to put the phone in and out of the case enough to even cause scratching? You buy the case, put it on, and leave it on. It's not like we are swapping out batteries or anything. My case went on my 8gb phone, and then came off to go on my 16gb phone when I upgraded. Been on since then.
the scratches happened with minimal case removal. maybe 3 times during the life of the phone?

Jan 14, 2009
Tacoma, WA, USA
Fair enough. Must have been some dust in the interior of the case. I spray the inside with my lens cleaner and wipe it out with the lens cloth before sliding the phone in. Sounds like the Seidio Innocase II is a better mouse trap with the felt-lined interior. Cheaper too. I would have bought it instead if it was available when I bought my InCase Slider.