Slider case with Invisible Shield?

NOVAK

Bronze
What's a good slider case that will work with an invisible shield installed? I know the Incase slider wont work and I have looked at a few others. I like the Incase slider the best because it's slim so I'm trying to find a similar case that will work with an invisible shield.

Will this Seidio case work?

Inspiretech case? Found on Amazon.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Good luck finding one. I've tried about 20 different slider cases with my Bodyguardz (also had Invisible shield) and nothing worked. In the end I ended up getting a pouch type case, where the phone slips into.

NOVAK

Bronze

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Whatever you do, do not install the Incase Slider over the Invisible Shield. I just spent over an hour removing the Incase Slider. To say it was difficult would be an understatement. I had "rammed" the Incase over the Invisible Shield a few weeks back and it never fit quite right. I had been meaning to pull it off, but never got around to it. Today, I fought the good fight. I used those Crate and Barrel oven mits that are made of rubber to get a good grip. The thing didn't budge. I had to basically rip it off the side and then pull out the iPhone 3G. During all the pulling, I was worried about damaging the screen since my thumb was pushing hard to provide leverage.

Learn from my mistake. Shield is in ok shape, but I'm going to have to remove it. I'm hoping to do more case reviews for the site and would like to avoid this from happening.

BTW, the Incase is quite nice and I can attest to the perfect fit. Review to come...

-Chris

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Yikes ... what a nighmare Chris. Thanks for the headsup and sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I pretty much assumed the IS would not work with the tight fitting Slider case. I know some members were even having trouble getting the case to work with screen protectors.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I found spraying the inside of the case with water helps a great deal. The shield is rubber, so it's causing a lot of friction between the case. When you spray some water in, the phone slips right out.

Whatever you do, do not install the Incase Slider over the Invisible Shield. I just spent over an hour removing the Incase Slider. To say it was difficult would be an understatement. I had "rammed" the Incase over the Invisible Shield a few weeks back and it never fit quite right. I had been meaning to pull it off, but never got around to it. Today, I fought the good fight. I used those Crate and Barrel oven mits that are made of rubber to get a good grip. The thing didn't budge. I had to basically rip it off the side and then pull out the iPhone 3G. During all the pulling, I was worried about damaging the screen since my thumb was pushing hard to provide leverage.

Learn from my mistake. Shield is in ok shape, but I'm going to have to remove it. I'm hoping to do more case reviews for the site and would like to avoid this from happening.

BTW, the Incase is quite nice and I can attest to the perfect fit. Review to come...

-Chris

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I found spraying the inside of the case with water helps a great deal. The shield is rubber, so it's causing a lot of friction between the case. When you spray some water in, the phone slips right out.
Hmmm water and electronics don't sound like a good mix to me. I've used the slider case since the day they were released and haven't had a need to use anything to aid in removing the phone from the case.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Does your phone have the Invisible Shield on it?

Hmmm water and electronics don't sound like a good mix to me. I've used the slider case since the day they were released and haven't had a need to use anything to aid in removing the phone from the case.

rpj795

Aug 1, 2007
I have just the invisible shield front screen protection and in the case slider. Works perfect. Why do you need the whole invisible shield if you are using a slider case?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I personally have my phone naked, but I do have the Bodyguard shield applied all over. I use one of those pouch cases that I can attach to my belt, to protect the phone. But I guess some people like having a case on the phone all the time, to protect the phone, just in case it is dropped or something.

The shields only protect from scratches, not physical dings.

I have just the invisible shield front screen protection and in the case slider. Works perfect. Why do you need the whole invisible shield if you are using a slider case?